Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 making wheezing noise? Normal?
Airsense 10 making wheezing noise? Normal?
I feel like this is new? Is it supposed to sound like this?! What's causing it?

https://youtu.be/thUQAwl7rM0
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 making wheezing noise? Normal?
That is the sound of a failed pneumatic block (fan). It is frequently repaired under warranty, but there is no user repair available.  There are many similar videos with this sound on YouTube.  Here is a video (long) suggesting how to repair by cleaning out the fan with compressed air. Comments on the video seem to agree this can be solved by cleaning, vacuuming, blowing etc.

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will mention that if the root cause of the issue is accumulated debris, it might help to make sure you are using a hypo filter, and I really tend to prefer the Resmed brand.  Naturally, doing everything you can to make sure the surrounding area is kept clear, clean and dust free will only help as well.  I took apart my old Remstar Auto after 10 years for just a quick inspection and saw no perceivable build up with the Hypo Filters. However, with the Respironics machines, you get to stack the filters, which I think is a much better set up, fwiw.
Post Reply Post Reply
What do you mean by stacking the filters?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sure the reference of stacking filters is because Respironics DreamStation uses 2 filters stacked. They clip onto the air inlet. Contrast that with ResMed and the single layer filter.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was referring to the Respironics products over the years, from the Remstars to the current Dreamstations, that allowed you to stack a standard, then a hypo filter together to really help pre-filter the input.  Unfortunately, I was disappointed that Resmed doesn't allow the same. 

*  Oops, I just noticed on edit that Dave already answered.
Post Reply Post Reply
Had the same issue; after several nights, it was quite annoying!  (The wheezing wasn't all night or even constant but enough it was distracting.) 

Reported this to my local DME.  Was asked to take my unit in and he replaced it -- he doesn't do repairs and since it was under warranty, he said he'd send mine in.  I asked what caused it but he didn't know.

So, I have a brand-new unit.

Post Reply Post Reply
This is really awful..I can't sleep with this wheezing :/ how long is the warranty
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2021, 02:16 PM)tierdal Wrote: This is really awful..I can't sleep with this wheezing :/ how long is the warranty

Two years:

https://document.resmed.com/en-us/docume...anties.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Contact your supplier ASAP. Mention the noise and pneumatic block, then request a replacement.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which is the most normal waveform? SingleH 9 206 03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 415 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 585 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,259 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 87 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 827 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.