Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 pressure settings
Airsense 10 pressure settings
Hi all-

Quick question -

Was wondering if a potential strategy to preventing breathing events could be to start with a higher pressure?

( doctor prescribed a pretty generic setting of 5-20. ). I typically average an AHI score of .5 to 1.5. 

After reviewing data on my machine, the average pressure over roughly 3 months is 9.4.  I’ll have to look back over some Oscar data to confirm, but I don’t believe the pressure has needed to go above 12.  

Instead of a starting with a lower pressure and having the machine “catch up” to assist with a breathing event, is there any advantage to setting up the machine to have a range of, perhaps, 8-13 or 9-14 ?  That way the constant pressure could prevent breathing events before they happen?  Or is using a higher pressure than needed more likely to cause aerophagia ?

Just curious. 

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 pressure settings
1 don't worry about what hasn't happened (Aerophagia)
The strategy you state is what we generally follow for PR machines as they react much slower to events. With ResMed we usually go with a lesser pressure than we would choose with a PR machine. IN SUSCEPTIBLE INDIVIDUALS higher pressures are more likely to cause aerophagia. Do not assume you are one, instead react IF it occurs.

Please post your OSCAR charts so we can offer advice specific to your situation. (I would target 8-20 to start, you have indicated no need to limit the max, one reason to post your charts)
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot about uploading my oscar charts...  Just remembered to do so.   Uploading the last two nights of data from my AirSense 10.

Some mornings (the last two mornings, for example), I wake up groggy and tired.  Is there anything in these charts that looks abnormal?  I know the AHI score is under control, but is there anything else that could be causing this?

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
By ROT, Rule of thumb, with EPR=3 full-time, your min pressure should be set to 7
I see nothing here, other than possibly time, that would cause you to be groggy and tired.
Look at sleep hygiene. Apnea is not the only cause of this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,578 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 859 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 450 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 406 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help with data interpretation and pressure settings Strange54 3 364 01-25-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  What is the most comfortable pressure and settings if comfort is the only goal? hejohoo 2 317 01-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.