Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 problem with DreamWear Mask
Airsense 10 problem with DreamWear Mask
[attachment=4919]
I am rather new in CPAP treatment (less than a month) and I purchased the Resmed Airsense 10 Auto with a Resmed Swift FX nasal mask. I also started using the SleepyHead software to monitor the treatment. According to the software I had a very good AHI index (less than 3) and I already felt better.

Two weeks later, as I was not feeling so comfortable with the air tube under my nose, I decided to buy the Respironics DreamWear nasal mask which I believe is an ideal mask as regarding the feeling of freedom. BUT from the first day of using that mask, I had major problems that never had with the Swift FX. First of all, the Airsense 10 Auto, was no more able to sense that I was getting the mask off, stopping providing air, so I should always manually turn it off. Additionally, my AHI index reached very high levels (more than 10) and I felt not good again in my sleep. When checking the SleepyHead software, I found out that the Airsense 10 reported faulty OA and CA events, for periods I was not sleeping.

I do not know if anybody else had such problems, but as it seems the combination of Airsense 10 and the DreamWear mask is not working for me. I believe that Airsense can not realize if I am sleeping or not, to correctly adjust the pressure so it does not treat my apnea events as it should.

I need a presure level of 8 for my treatment, so the machine is set to provide 5 to 11. I changed the ramp time from Auto to Off, bypassing the lower levels without improvement. I do not know what is wrong with that set, as I hear that there are people out there using the same set without any problems.

Could anybody suggest any ideas please ?

I attach a report with the DreamWear mask. Notice that from 6:00 to 6:20 and 7:40 to 8:00 I was awake.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 problem with DreamWear Mask
It would help us if you would orginize your sleepy head charts . You can find out how too do this by looking at our signatures on how.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Kapanos, welcome to the Apneaboard.
At first glance you appear to be getting a lot of Central Apneas rether than Obstructive Apneas.
You might be better off with a different machine to the one you have, however, once you have more data we can advise you a bit better.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gary.

Unfortunately the link "Organize your SleepyHead charts" does not work.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2018, 09:45 AM)kpanos Wrote: Hi Gary.

Unfortunately the link "Organize your SleepyHead charts" does not work.

Try this http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleep2Snore

The real problem is that I am NOT really sleeping the specific periods of time (from 6:00 to 6:20 and 7:40 to 8:00) these events are reported. All these are faulty events. It seems that the machine can not sense that I am not sleeping, when using the Dreamwear mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
No machine can tell if your sleeping or not. The auto on/off sometimes has problems with nasal pillow masks and the Dreamwear is considered a pillow mask. Make sure you have the mask setting to pillows on the machine. If that doesn't work than your stuck shutting it off manually.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2018, 09:51 AM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: Try this "sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize"

It seems that due to DNS issues this link is unreachable from Greece, by using Firefox or Chrome, but I finally managed to load the page by using the Tor browser !! Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I reuploaded the Dreamwear report.
Post Reply Post Reply
And a nice report with the Swift FX mask.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 477 7 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,259 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,399 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 268 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 269 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 305 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 754 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.