Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 problem with DreamWear Mask
RE: Airsense 10 problem with DreamWear Mask
Hi kpanos,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Trish. Nice to meet you here Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are up to trying a different mask, give the Brevida a go. I thought that a dreamwear would be the most comfortable, with the hose off the top and all, but I really couldn't get it to work for me. The air stream from the vent kept waking me up when it hit my arm and made it quite noisy. The pressure on the side of my face from the mask when I was sleeping on my side was no good, and I couldn't get the mask to sit in the right place. Ii also felt like I was really strapping myself into something quite constrictive. I'm sure lots of people love it, but it wasn't for me. Nor was the P10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jeff

Thanks for your opinion. I believe that the mask you propose, is similar to the one I use now (Resmed Swift FX), without the hard plastic part covering my nose and is working fairly good, keeping my AHI below 3. The real reason I bought the Dreamwear mask is because of the hose at the top, which including the fact that the air tube comes from the back of my bed, provides incomparable freedom when turning to a side.
Post Reply Post Reply
My suggestion is that the way to get a hose away from your neck and get a good comfortable seal, try ResMed Swift LT instead of the ones you're trying.  For nine years, the Swift LT For Her (lighter color & smaller assortment of pillows) has been very successful.  My method was to attach the short hose/ long hose connection to the clip at the top of the head.  I even reinforced it with two strips of double sided velcro strips in a diagonal X.

The hose is looped through a "bungee cord" type of fabric that's tethered to the headboard.  Laugh if you wish, but the pillows stay where they belong.  There's no hose flopping around when I turn in bed.  O.K. There's the issue of learning to watch bedtime TV around that short hose going up to the top of my head.  BUT  It's a small price to pay for a great night's sleep.

Before your 30 day return policy, give the LT a try.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,326 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,461 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 291 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.