Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 sim card
Airsense 10 sim card
Hello, I've just been diagnosed with sleep apnea and I'm now looking for a CPAP machine to buy.

I am confused about the "wireless" feature of the Airsense 10, how does it work ?
I suppose I need to insert a sim card in it ?
How do I access the data once it's online ? Is it on a website somewhere ?

Thanks for your help Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 sim card
Hi zzzzuser and welcome to Apnea Board
Airsense 10 has a cellular communication, transmit data automatically and allows change the settings remotely by your doctor
If wanted, you can turn it off. Data transmission is not available outside the country of purchase

SD card is separate thing from the wireless, report additional detailed data which are not transmitted remotely
You can use SleepyHead http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/ for that
You can also connect to 'my Air" http://www.resmed.com/au/en/consumer/air...myair.html and that gives you nice score and stay tuned

[Image: ResMed-AirSense-10.png]
[should say "AutoSet, AutoSet for Her, Elite or CPAP"]

If you've been diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea, might be good idea to get an 'AutoSet', can be used on fixed pressure mode or auto-adjusting mode (two machines in one) only cost few dollars more and better value for money as machines last many years. No point get stuck with a machine have limited option

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
All the above suppliers offer free shipping in US. Supplier #2 and #10 ship internationally

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi zzzzuser and welcome to Apnea Board forum! Best place to get help from other CPAP users with experience!!

I can't tell where you are from as you did not fill that out. However just wanted to mention that the wireless feature might work differently depending on what country you are in. I can only speak for Canada, but I was told if I wanted to use that feature that there is a fee for it. Now if you have an SD card in your machine and take it to your doctors or the DME in my case who will download the info from it, it does the same as what the wireless would do wirelessly.

So check to see if that feature is free in your country, as it is not in Canada.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your answers Smile
I'm living in Thailand and I'll have to buy it online, probably from a US online shop.
So "Data transmission is not available outside the country of purchase" means it won't be available for me I suppose.

And yes I will take an autoset model, whatever it will be. Maybe Airsense 10, or S9 or maybe Dreamstation.

Post Reply Post Reply
You can still follow your therapy with Sleepyhead software and the SD card in the machine.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The wireless feature is often used by insurance companies for compliance. For example, Medicare requires that the patient use the machine for an average of four hours per day during the 90 day trial period. If you are paying for the machine yourself, you may not need the wireless feature, and you can turn it off. Ask your doc.

I always take the memory card along with me to doctor appointments. He takes a look at the detailed data and reviews it with me.

The Sleepyhead application imports the card data so you can review it every day if you wish.

Resmed also has a similar application, but most forum members prefer Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2015, 07:36 AM)zzzzuser Wrote: Thanks for your answers Smile
I'm living in Thailand and I'll have to buy it online, probably from a US online shop.
So "Data transmission is not available outside the country of purchase" means it won't be available for me I suppose.

And yes I will take an autoset model, whatever it will be. Maybe Airsense 10, or S9 or maybe Dreamstation.
I don't care about the wireless, mean a nothing to me. AirSense 10 AutoSet sleep report shows detailed information of last night data on the screen and the software shows all the summary data and the more important detailed data graphs
I got two machines from US and happy with my purchase

I haven't used PR machines but I have used both S9 AutoSet and AirSense 10 AutoSet, you'll be pleased with either one
S9 getting discontinued but parts should available at least for the next 5 years
The free software 'SleepyHead' does not support DreamStation yet, but support the other two machines

Post Reply Post Reply
You can buy a replacement SD card that has a WIFI transceiver built into it and use that to copy your data to your computer without removing the card from your machine. Look for a thread titled "Flashair" or "Flashpap".
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi zzzzuser,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you start your CPAP journey and good luck to you with your machine decision.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2015, 06:19 AM)cate1898 Wrote: I can only speak for Canada, but I was told if I wanted to use that feature that there is a fee for it.

I'm in Canada as well (Mississauga, near Toronto ON). When I purchased the AirSense 10, the provider wanted to charge me a $50 "wireless activation fee" but I declined.

I registered my machine with ResMed MyAir program and the wireless feature works just fine, transmitting the data every morning one hour after the machine turns off. I can see my usage history online, although it's nowhere as detailed as SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 410 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 390 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Airsense 11 / SD Card issues shedawg 9 725 01-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: dataq1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.