Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 sim card
RE: Airsense 10 sim card
The A10 wireless feature is a cell phone network type of thing. It does NOT use a SIM card. There's probably something that does the same function as a SIM card inside the machine, but it's not changeable by the customer.

(10-31-2015, 01:08 AM)zzzzuser Wrote: Hello, I've just been diagnosed with sleep apnea and I'm now looking for a CPAP machine to buy.

I am confused about the "wireless" feature of the Airsense 10, how does it work ?
I suppose I need to insert a sim card in it ?
How do I access the data once it's online ? Is it on a website somewhere ?

Thanks for your help Smile

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2015, 01:08 AM)zzzzuser Wrote: I am confused about the "wireless" feature of the Airsense 10, how does it work ?
I suppose I need to insert a sim card in it ?
How do I access the data once it's online ? Is it on a website somewhere ?
It does NOT need a SIM card. I think it uses a CDMA network (which was popular a few years ago for cell phones).
You can access the data online at
www (dot) resmed (dot) com/myair
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok so what I understand is that the wifi feature won't work here, but that it doesn't matter because sleepyhead does a better job at giving me the data anyway Smile
Thanks for all you answers !
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2015, 12:50 PM)zzzzuser Wrote: Ok so what I understand is that the wifi feature won't work here, but that it doesn't matter because sleepyhead does a better job at giving me the data anyway Smile
Thanks for all you answers !
Don't forget, the machine sleep report display efficacy data too
Most of the time is all what I need to know
Post Reply Post Reply
Been working at getting the wireless card set up. In the meantime been following progress in MyAir. Strange things happening. This morning machine shows usage was 8.35 hours, yet MyAir reports only 2.0 hours. I slept 2.0 hours (6pm to 8pm), then 4.5 hours, (10:30pm to 3:00am), then a couple more. (4am to 6:35am). Any idea why just the first segment was only info transmitted to MyAir?

Cheers,
otrpu
Love your family, treat your friend(s) well, and don't waste your time. Everything else is just so much BS. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2015, 08:52 AM)otrpu Wrote: Been working at getting the wireless card set up. In the meantime been following progress in MyAir. Strange things happening. This morning machine shows usage was 8.35 hours, yet MyAir reports only 2.0 hours. I slept 2.0 hours (6pm to 8pm), then 4.5 hours, (10:30pm to 3:00am), then a couple more. (4am to 6:35am). Any idea why just the first segment was only info transmitted to MyAir?

Cheers,
otrpu

Just looked again, now it's reporting all the information. Guess I just jumped the gun. Please disregard.

otrpu
Love your family, treat your friend(s) well, and don't waste your time. Everything else is just so much BS. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2015, 03:27 PM)otrpu Wrote: Just looked again, now it's reporting all the information. Guess I just jumped the gun.

It takes about an hour after the machine stopped, before the data is transmitted to myAir.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2015, 04:54 PM)dcchan2 Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 03:27 PM)otrpu Wrote: Just looked again, now it's reporting all the information. Guess I just jumped the gun.

It takes about an hour after the machine stopped, before the data is transmitted to myAir.
I don't use my air, but the data flashes on the screen as soon as my machine turned off
Post Reply Post Reply
[/quote]

Same here. Just turning the machine off and leaving it plugged in will send the results to MyAir. I live in the US and have not been charged. I used it in Finland for 3 weeks; it transmitted the data from there and there was no charge.

My machine uses an SD card, not a SIM card.

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:My machine uses an SD card, not a SIM card.

The Resmed A10 series all use an SD card (if they are data capable at all), and they also have a built in cell phone. The cell phone sends the data to Resmed's server and that's what appears on the "MyAir" page.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 414 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 392 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Airsense 11 / SD Card issues shedawg 9 727 01-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: dataq1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.