Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 stops treatment in middle of the night
Sad 
Airsense 10 stops treatment in middle of the night
Hi I am having a problem with my airsense 10. it seems at like 2 am every morning the humidity turns off or the machine doesn't run the same pressure it is hard to tell what is going on. I downloaded the oscar program to see it if had any way of reading error messages but I don't see any. the one thing I did notice is the blue snowflake will be flashing. if I turn the machine off then breath to start it back up it stays the same. If I stop the machine and run the warmup then breath it seems fine till the morning. it just started doing this the past 3 months. I have tried using auto settings for the humidity and lowering it down the 1. I wake up not being able to breathe through my nose it is all stopped up. I have been on this machine for 2 years and it worked great. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem before and if there is a fix for it.

Thank you for your time!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 stops treatment in middle of the night
Other users have reported a very sensitive (or unreliable) auto start/stop function on the Resmed machines. Try turning off auto start and auto stop and turn the machine on and off manually. See if it starts behaving properly. Post OSCAR graphs to show what is happening.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if you can reboot these machines by unplugging them from the wall for a period of time.
It wouldn’t hurt to try I guess.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi timamin! - Welcome

Like LindanHotAir said, the Resmed AS10's Achilles heel seems to be the Smart Start feature. It worked correctly on the S9 series, but has been very problematic on the A10s.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have set your AHI reporting time to anything other than the default of one month, unplugging the CPAP will reset the AHI reporting back to 1 month. No biggie, but often overlooked and a source of surprise if you are unaware.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I took it on a trip this past weekend it was unplugged for 8 hours and still did the same. I'll try turning off the auto like you all mentioned. here are the charts I guess my machine doesn't record everything or maybe I have oscar setup wrong I'm still learning it. I was wondering why on my daily chart at the bottom the usage time has part in blue and the other in yellow. I looked back a couple days and found some yellow the whole time. thank you all for the help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
If you have the AirSense 10 CPAP, then all you have is basic reporting capability. Detailed sleep data reporting is only available on the Elite, Autoset, and the Autoset for Her.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2022, 02:18 PM)timamin Wrote: I was wondering why on my daily chart at the bottom the usage time has part in blue and the other in yellow.

The colors are meaningless. They just distinguish the two sleep sessions.

The bigger issue is that you were given the AirSense 10 Cpap, which is the bare minimum model. It cannot record detailed data, only compliance information.

Was this given to you by a DME or did you purchase it yourself?

If you haven't had it for very long, I would try to exchange it for either the AirSense 10 Elite or the AirSense 10 AutoSet, or AutoSet for Her.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
my insurance paid for it a couple years ago. they gave it to me at the place i got the sleep study done at. my insurance now sadly has a 5k deductible.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it possible that the machine is in CPAP mode and can be reset to AutoSet mode? Probably not but I suggest double checking your settings in the clinical menu. Just to be sure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 21 791 04-23-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 185 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 182 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Middle of the night wakeup SteveC 1 147 04-10-2024, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 160 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 250 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 685 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.