Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 water chamber leaks ~ again :(
RE: Airsense 10 water chamber leaks ~ again :(
Tap water is OK. If there's a high concentration of minerals, you may encounter a bit of residue.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
,If you can drink the local tap water, it is safe to use in your reservoir. It is wise to empty and rinse every third day if the eater lasts that long.

Is it also possible that overfilling is a problem. Maybe not initially, but as the water warms to the heating tray, it also expands.
Post Reply Post Reply
My local tap water is very high in calcium. It’s good for bones, but not so good for shaving, washing, etc. Distilled water is cheap.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi
I have the ResMed AirSense 10 Elite and have had my second humidifier container leaking all over my rosewood bedside table inside 12 months! I am now thinking there is a design fault with the water container as I was so careful cleaning and filling the container after the first one leaked all over my side table. Not happy to wake up and find water has seeped out or to have to have a tray on the table while I await a replacement. Even with this, I have been a CPAP user for around 25 years and been through all the ResMed machines over the years!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've seen this problem posted many times here.  Since I haven't experienced this problem, I am sort of coaching from the gallery.  I'm wondering if a coating of Flex Seal 400 on the inside of the tank's lower aluminum portion would remedy this problem.  The Flex Seal 400 Clear is FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration) approved for food surfaces. The 400 series is the only one of their products that is FDA approved. It should tolerate the humidifier's environmental temperatures as well.

Thinking-about  Thinking-about  Thinking-about
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That’s what I was hoping to find out, that I wasn’t an isolated case and that there might be a design fault. Overall the CPAP works well but the MyAir dashboard and scores is nonsense, other than seeing how many events or air leakage. I have a Fitbit Charge 2 which tracks my sleep which is far more accurate re actual sleep quality rather than getting 100% score each night and being under the illusion I’m sleeping well ! ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Has anyone ever had a leak with the "Dishwasher" approved version of the Resmed AS10 water chamber? It is a little more expensive and comes with a gray plastic thumb tab instead of the usual white. Better construction, but functionally identical. It was designed to handle the abuse and heat of an automatic dishwasher. I've used one of these now for 6 months without leaks so far- but I don't put it in the dishwasher. I'm hoping that there is a more robust seal between the metal base and plastic interface. I don't believe Medicare will pay for it. I also use a black rubber "tray" that is designed to go under CPAP machines. It comes in two sizes- the "standard" size (9" by 11.75") fits the ResMed perfectly. The larger plus size is also available- not recommended. Do an Amazon search for CPAPology Black Knight Protector Mat (Standard). This tray is shallow, and will only help for early smaller leaks, but it also keeps the ResMed unit from sliding around on the nightstand.

MacBookPro 13, Big Sur, Windows 10 (Parallels 16), FlashAir 16GB W-04,
Contec CMS50F Pulse Oximeter
Post Reply Post Reply
The water tanks are supposed to be replaced every 6 months but they can crack and leak get a spare
Post Reply Post Reply
Just an idea...

Could it possibly be something else that's going on? Could there be rainout happening? If your hose is routed up from the machine to a hanger on your headboard (or just uphill from the machine), maybe there is rainout in the upward part of the tube that condenses and runs back toward the machine. Then it may be leaking around the silicone seal of the Air Outlet Adapter (ResMed part number 37310) and the outlet of the water tank. Then it runs down, inside tank chamber cavity and then dribbles out from the area under the tank.

I hope this makes sense.

Just trying to think outside the box. A couple "what-if's", but maybe the tank isn't leaking.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same problem and am on my 4th chamber I have had sent. Resmed have said they have a problem and the design is so poor in having the metal in-cased in plastic as the other chap has pointed out the moisture and water goes between the metal and plastic causing leaks. Also with the filling of the machine you have it full tip out approx 50ml and then it says it’s half full so the whole filling they’ve made harder than the previous version. I was told by a sleep technician they have a new chamber they’re sending to me but I believe they’ll all fail eventually
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 171 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  CSpring Water Tank PAPAstro 8 2,108 04-12-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: dean406
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 191 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 462 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 383 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 163 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 215 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.