Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 water chamber leaks ~ again :(
RE: Airsense 10 water chamber leaks ~ again :(
I was on a trip and dropped my machine. I found a crack in the water chamber. I applied some scotch tape on the inside and outside. This fix worked for two weeks until I got a replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm still using the original water chamber that came with my machine. It'll be three years old in Sept. 

Been using only tap water (heavy calcium) for over 20 months now.
Post Reply Post Reply
In my years of doing this CPAP stuff I have been lucky i guess. Never had a leak. I am going to find something today to put under my new machine just in case.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m going on 28 months with the original tank too. ResMed makes a standard tank and a slightly thicker one that they approve as dishwasher safe. I believe without the heat drying cycle though. I don’t have their respective part numbers at the moment, but the thicker one should be easy to discern in a search by having a different part number and description.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed Water chambers known leaking defect
I purchased a ResMed AirSense10 cpap over 6 years ago from Apria Healthcare. Since that time I have replaced over a dozen cracked water tanks under warranty. EVERY tank has cracked along the metal/plastic seam in from 2-4 months of nitely use. This is a manufacturing defect known by McKesson who manufactures these tanks. I am repeatedly told by my supplier this is a known issue and they are working with the manufacturer. However after 6 years of faulty tanks, excuses and soaked nightstands nothing has been done. I currently have my cpap on a plastic serving tray on my nightstand to catch the water when it happens again. It is not an issue of IF the tank will leak its WHEN. Every morning I open the tank and pour out the remaining distilled water and rinse with tap water. I then set it on the counter to dry for the next night before refilling it with distilled water. So there is no reason on my part the tanks should crack. The design quality of these tanks is simply inferior and not made to last IMO. I will never buy another ResMed cpap. I had a Phillips Resperonics machine for 10 years with not one issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Odd that you have had so many water reservoir issues with your ResMed tanks. I'm using the same machine and not a single tank issue.....of ANY kind. 

I'm still using the original tank that came with my machine back in Sept. of 2018. My DME supplier keeps sending me new tanks and I think I now have close to 4 or 5 of them. 

I started out using distilled water, but grew tired of buying it. I now use tap water and have been doing so for a good 20+ months or so.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've yet to have any leaks of my ResMed AS10 water reservoir, but I'm using the heavy duty dishwasher safe model (gray plastic top tab instead of white). I never put it in the dishwasher though. I wonder if your issue could be a problem with your warming plate running too hot? How long do you usually sleep? When you fill the reservoir with water to the max fill line, what is the reservoir water level when you wake up in the morning? Is there any water left in the reservoir? Mine goes down consistently to the lower mark by the AM.
MacBookPro 13, Big Sur, Windows 10 (Parallels 16), FlashAir 16GB W-04,
Contec CMS50F Pulse Oximeter
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2021, 11:45 AM)Big Guy Wrote: Odd that you have had so many water reservoir issues with your ResMed tanks. I'm using the same machine and not a single tank issue.....of ANY kind. 

I'm still using the original tank that came with my machine back in Sept. of 2018. My DME supplier keeps sending me new tanks and I think I now have close to 4 or 5 of them. 

I started out using distilled water, but grew tired of buying it. I now use tap water and have been doing so for a good 20+ months or so.

Actually its not odd at all. Do a Google search and you will see many cases of people complaining of the same leaking issue all over the world for years. As I said even the manufacturer is aware. Consider yourself the exception to the issue and be happy you have no leaks. I purchased my machine in 2014 and perhaps they made some modification on the newer models. I will say my chamber fits very tightly and there is a high amount of resistance to inserting and extracting it from the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may consider spraying the tank inside with Flex Seal Clear.  In case you're are wondering (and even if you're not Big Grin), this is from their site, "Flex Seal Liquid Flex Seal Liquid is also completely non-hazardous and food safe".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed may have quietly tweaked the reservoir fit and the warming plate temperature since 2014. My ResMed is a 2020 model, and the reservoir is a nice solid fit but very easy to remove and install. Your DME might be willing to replace your faulty ResMed. Likely it's a known manufacturing defect which was not resolved by you replacing the reservoir multiple times.
MacBookPro 13, Big Sur, Windows 10 (Parallels 16), FlashAir 16GB W-04,
Contec CMS50F Pulse Oximeter
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CSpring Water Tank PAPAstro 8 2,086 04-12-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: dean406
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 157 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 445 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 360 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 151 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 194 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,924 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.