Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 water chamber leaks ~ again :(
RE: Airsense 10 water chamber leaks ~ again :(
(02-14-2021, 12:56 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You may consider spraying the tank inside with Flex Seal Clear.  In case you're are wondering (and even if you're not Big Grin), this is from their site, "Flex Seal Liquid Flex Seal Liquid is also completely non-hazardous and food safe".

Up until now my Durable Medical Equipment supplier has replace all the defective tanks under warranty at no cost to me. Should at some point they start charging me I will try your solution.  I was reluctant using anything like this for health reasons but if it's non hazardous and food safe why not try it.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. like
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I too have been going on 2-1/2 years with no problems on a "light duty" humidifier tub - part number 37299. I bought a backup about a year ago in case this one fails. It is the "Dishwasher Safe" model - part number 37300. I don't recall seeing the one with a part number 37479 back then, but it appears to be a replacement for the 37300.

The 37299 can be found on Amazon and eBay for $16 to $20.
The 37300 can be found on Ebay for $32.
The 37479 can be found on some of the suppliers websites for $33 to $45.

I have to wonder if the 37300 is the one with all the problems and warranted the new replacement 37479 part. But I don't think the 37300 was supplied as the "included" tub. Or maybe it is a problem with ResMed changing vendors of whoever manufacturers them. I seem to see ample reviews on both 37299 and 37300 tubs with bad reviews. Anybody have any experience with the 37479 tubs? Good or bad?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=29983]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RayBee

Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting thread. I've had my Airsense 10 since September 2020 and no leaks, although I did get a crack in the plastic side panel after 4 months. It didn't leak, but I exchanged for the one off my husband's Resmed 10 since he doesn't use the humidifier. The whole design of this humidifier seems funny to me--hard to clean and dry and the removable top looks like it would be more breakable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the water reservoir to be one of the easiest CPAP parts to clean and maintain. Mine gets emptied and wiped dry each & every morning. 

Only once every two weeks or so, do I find it necessary to put a little vinegar in it to remove any mineral / calcium buildup. 15 min. or so of soaking, it then gets rinsed with water and wiped dry. It's good as new then. 

My mask frame and cushion (ResMed F30) is a piece of cake when it comes to keeping it clean. The hose is about the only thing that I tend to not clean as often. It's not that big of a deal, but it does involve a sink full of hot soapy water and some time.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Nasal Pillow for Leaks and Proper Exhalation / Rebreathing at Low Pressures hoselife 6 228 6 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] Best Nasal Mask to Minimize Leaks Bernadette 9 154 Today, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Woke up to burning smell, ran out of water xfaith 10 2,671 02-27-2021, 02:00 PM
Last Post: HughesWI
  [CPAP] how to reduce leaks, full face mask newmar 35 730 02-22-2021, 09:08 PM
Last Post: newmar
  Interpreting Events Correlated with Small Mask Leaks gregoryalter 3 126 02-18-2021, 12:35 AM
Last Post: gregoryalter
Sad [How to] WARNING: RESMED WATER CHAMBER MISTAKE srlevine1 1 214 02-15-2021, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  If You Choose To Use Bottled Water In Your Humidifier khw210 12 362 02-14-2021, 10:24 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.