Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 vs AHI accuracy
P10 vs AHI accuracy
Since switching to the P10 (yes I drank the Kool-Aid) my AHI numbers are much lower compared to the mask I have been using for the last 6 months. I even got my first 0.0 last night. Could it be that the machine has a more difficult time determining events with a P10?

I don't feel any different than any other morning and the machine is set to "pillows". I have less leakage. If I start feeling better I may begin to lower my min pressure.

Switched to P10 9/15 (2 nights on it so far)
[Image: AHI.PNG]

[Image: screenshot-20150917-141904.png]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P10 vs AHI accuracy
Hi Alan: I had the same experience going from F10 FFM to a P10 nasal pillows. My 95% pressure dropped so much that I could easily transition to a straight pressure with aflex.

It's not a flaw in the P10. Typically if your apnea is caused by some upper airway resistance (like nasal valve collapse), it is more easily treated by direct application of pressure to the nose thus requiring less pressure to achieve the same effect.

Enjoy the P10. And welcome to the cult. Resistance is futile! Smile
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
I went to the P10 from a Simplus FFM and my numbers dropped. After several months of use, I started using the Simplus again and my numbers have remained low. I feel good so "I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2015, 02:53 PM)AshSF Wrote: Enjoy the P10. And welcome to the cult. Resistance is futile! Smile

It is a good mask. Much easier to breath through the pillows in this one than the pillows in the liberty.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine has better feedback for events with less volume in the delivery system. I saw a reduction going from the Swift LT to the Airfit P10, so I don't think it's your imagination.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You know my woes, I'm happy with the P-10. The FX is purely a back up now. Give it a few days.

I don't have AHI issues, and I must have fought the LL's for at least a year or 2 (of course I didn't know about them)? I always felt good even then, compared to how bad my apnea was before therapy.

Since July when I started here and monitoring my own therapy, I really feel good now. Oddly enough, since I'm running 9-14, and hovering in the 10-11 range, I thought I'd give it a few more weeks and bump my min. up to 10 and give that a spin for a while.Dancing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about OSCAR accuracy during high leak periods raptosnorus 13 922 06-26-2023, 12:55 PM
Last Post: raptosnorus
  Accuracy of the o2ring compared to checkme Zackio 22 4,844 08-08-2022, 05:53 PM
Last Post: goku
  Accuracy of REsmed MyAir hegel 8 3,683 07-08-2022, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Flow rate accuracy in HSAT dataq1 0 456 06-08-2022, 10:54 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  F & P SleepStyle AHI Accuracy Steptoe 1 1,186 08-21-2021, 03:39 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  [CPAP] Accuracy and interpretation of Oscar data sleeps 2 1,038 08-17-2021, 09:59 PM
Last Post: sleeps
Question Accuracy of Home Sleep Studies? Jane9999 2 1,121 04-06-2020, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Jane9999

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.