Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10
Smile 
Airsense 10

Hi. Can anyone share their reviews on the Resmed Airsense 10 as I am feeling like this is the machine for me being a first time user of a sleep apnea machine and I have no knowledge really, on the best machines to use. I have looked at prices for here in Australia and it seems they're priced between $2,000 complete and upwards.

Looking forward to any help. Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10
Welcome Elba, you would be better posting in the main forum, your correct on the price if you buy from a supplier in Australia, I would suggest you do some research on some of the recommend suppliers at the top of the page and if you feel comfortable buy over the net from the U.S. At around half the price. There is a huge advantage on price but the disadvantage is they are not under warranty in Australia and you can't claim anything on private health insurance. I think Zonk, another user on the forum from Australia bought over the net some may get some feedback from him. I bought my first one 5 years ago from here for $2,500 which includes the mask, next time I will get one from the U.S. Keep asking questions and let us know what you decide and good luck Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2015, 03:55 AM)Elba Wrote: I have looked at prices for here in Australia and it seems they're priced between $2,000 complete and upwards.

Hi Elba, welcome to Apnea Board
I suppose you're talking about AirSesne 10 AutoSet, AirSense 10 Elite fixed pressure full data capable machine, not much more than US on-line prices for the same machine and you get 2 years ResMed warranty and 1 extra year of being ResMed Sleepvantage member for free
Machines bought from overseas, have to be shipped back to the place of purchase for any warranty issues, that is a concern for some but others don't have such concern. My concern for newbies is that, they're on their own if buying the machine from overseas, warranty aside, no local support or free masks trials

If you have private health insurance with extra cover, then you're better off buying the machine from Australia and claim the machine rebate from your insurance

My bed is calling, I'll back for morning tea, if you have any questions

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Elba,
Here is a link to choosing the machine that is right for you and how to avoid what we call a "brick".
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2015, 07:40 AM)zonk Wrote:
(09-17-2015, 03:55 AM)Elba Wrote: I have looked at prices for here in Australia and it seems they're priced between $2,000 complete and upwards.

Hi Elba, welcome to Apnea Board
I suppose you're talking about AirSesne 10 AutoSet, AirSense 10 Elite fixed pressure full data capable machine, not much more than US on-line prices for the same machine and you get 2 years ResMed warranty and 1 extra year of being ResMed Sleepvantage member for free
Machines bought from overseas, have to be shipped back to the place of purchase for any warranty issues, that is a concern for some but others don't have such concern. My concern for newbies is that, they're on their own if buying the machine from overseas, warranty aside, no local support or free masks trials

If you have private health insurance with extra cover, then you're better off buying the machine from Australia and claim the machine rebate from your insurance

My bed is calling, I'll back for morning tea, if you have any questions

Sleep-well
hi Elba,
I am also a newbie, in australia, and I have just bought a ResMed 10 from the US on the internet.
I was happy with the choice of machine as I had trialled (Hired) one from a CPAP shop for two months, knew it really helped my sleep, and had tried some of the options, on and off, like the auto vs constant air. So I went with this machine.
The price was only a third from the US cf Australian retail.
There is the worry that you have to send it back if it is faulty, but this Apnea group is fantastic in terms of support. If I had been aware of them before I purchased from OS I would've saved myself some angst.
The refund from my private health fund would only be $600, so the saving in initial outlay was much more than the potential refund.... my partner suggested that if I was worried about having to send a machine away for repairs I should just buy two upfront.... (I didn't, but it was an option, and still have spent much less than buying one equivalent machine in australia.)
I don't know if that helps with your decision. You would want to check that you had a warranty, and it was a reputable supplier etc...

good luck

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2015, 04:54 PM)bunter Wrote: The refund from my private health fund would only be $600,
With $600 refund, I cannot see any saving buying AirSense 10 AutoSet from US, unless you bought the machine from someone privately, not from one of the US suppliers (#2 or #10, both ship overseas) on this list http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
Also, if you take the free 3 years extended warranty into consideration, might be not worth it at all buying the AutoSet from US

While back, the Aussie dollar was on par with US dollar and at times higher, now ... 1 Australian Dollar equals 0.72 US Dollar

Post Reply Post Reply
I couldn't make the US purchase work financially when Resmed/ResSleep allowed my rental cost to be applied against the machine and the $500 private insurance contribution. But, given when I got mine earlier in the year, and I was a complete apnea newb I didn't wan't to have the warranty problem of having to ship back to the US should anything go wrong.

I just bought a PR1 60 as a backup machine from the US for US$425. To me this makes sense as the numbers work and its only my backup/travel machine. US$880 for an Autoset 10 is financially a push but potentially a real hassle should things go wrong.

Yes, Resmed rip Australian CPAP consumers. Yes, I am no fan of their opportunistic pricing, but in the end you need to weigh the future risks against the immediate costs. Once you get on the cpap train its very difficult (in my view) to consider sending a machine back to the US for weeks (min) while you have no treatment should anything go wrong.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Elba,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you start your CPAP therapy and getting a machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,338 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,695 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,631 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  DOWNLOADING DATA FROM AIRSENSE 10 to AIRSENSE 11 Sleepyguy39 1 1,160 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question [CPAP] Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11 sleepysurgeon 12 3,467 07-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Horseshoez
  Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now? dk2011 25 19,821 01-24-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Comparison of Rresmed airsense 11 autoset with Resmed airsense 10 auto set; stevekuk 4 3,560 01-10-2022, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Ratchick

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.