Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 11 Cell Signal
RE: Airsense 11 Cell Signal
(10-04-2021, 12:38 AM)clownbell Wrote: This will not help with your current frustration, but I remember that my wife's DS had a card which she would have to take in to Kaiser periodically. One could have mailed it but that was a pain. Today's technology has clear deficiencies but better than back in the day. I just wish my AS10 would upload directly to my computer rather than have to fool around with the SC card to see the into. Ah well, first world problem.

Totally agree. One problem is that Medicare still requires that actual doctor visit for compliance - so 1995! My sleep clinic appointment people still always say "bring your machine in" which is also total BS for someone that has used one for 10 years with close to 100% compliance. The actual Doctor or PA, of course, never asks for the machine - just the card. These days I just bring card in and bring the machine but leave it in the car on the off chance they actually want it (which has never happened).

In fact, unnecessary visits anywhere would be best avoided during the pandemic and with machines that send the data over cell connection these could be eliminated in many cases. Medicare needs to stop living in the last century. Not only would it be easier and a bit safer but would actually save Medicare money. Classic example of bureaucracy being sadly well behind the tech.

On a related note, one would think that the Respiratory Therapists and sleep center  PAs would be  careful and knowledgeable but the last time I went to my DME to pick up the AS 11, the therapist was wearing a crappy cloth mask that fit badly around the nose - you would think that he would know better. I know masks well and how to fit one (I am a retired dentist) so was wearing a properly fitted N95 (like most experts now say everyone should be).
Post Reply Post Reply
My last visit with my sleep doc (needed prescription renewal so I could buy supplies from DME) was over the phone. They uploaded the data directly from my A10.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2021, 11:56 AM)Sleepster Wrote: My last visit with my sleep doc (needed prescription renewal so I could buy supplies from DME) was over the phone. They uploaded the data directly from my A10.

I assume that they would do that for an Rx and such. I think it is Medicare rules for a new machine payment that are the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could always throw money at the problem with a cellular connection extender/amplifier. Some which cost almost as much as the xPAP unit itself. Have you tired placing a sheet of aluminum foil under your device? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
What SD card do I need to purchase? Is there a model to look for?
Cat
Post Reply Post Reply
The AS11 seems to be able to use any SD card 4 to 256 GB in size. You can obtain one from your local pharmacy or online. The best price is basically the primary consideration. SD cards can go bad. Because of this, it is recommended that you regularly back it up to a dedicated directory on your computer.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 59 5 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,342 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Airsense 10 - no more cellular signal? goadventurer 13 13,193 08-12-2023, 04:29 PM
Last Post: CanadianClub007
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,697 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,641 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  DOWNLOADING DATA FROM AIRSENSE 10 to AIRSENSE 11 Sleepyguy39 1 1,164 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Help, red blood cell count up, no energy, long time CPAP user BBX2125 1 730 09-25-2022, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Brazen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.