Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 11 GMT
Airsense 11 GMT
I received an Airsense 11 last week.  The GMT was not set.  Machine turned out to an sanitized rental with a horrible floral scent.  Returned and got a brand new (no run hours) until yesterday.  On this machine the GMT is set to -5 which is the right time in the fall but not current.  Will this affect anything? Does a GMT need to be set?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 11 GMT
Other than a CPAP noon to noon being defined as a sleep day your CPAP doesn't care what time it is. I NEVER change the time on mine (a VAuto).
Post Reply Post Reply
Especially on an AirSense 11 it is important to set the offset to your zone's standard time and leave it there. Changes the offset requires you to delete all the stored internal data.
At the present time you will see your sleep times offset by one hour, but we are working on ways of accommodating the biannual offset disruption. It's complicated because the whole world doesn't change in sync with the USA.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I live in Central time, and Apria sent it to me from Kansas City set at GMT-7. (which would be Pacific Time in the summer and Mountain Time in the winter, or year-round time in Arizona, LOL.)

I actually find that it works well for me.  I tend to be a nightowl, and going to sleep after midnight (midnight central time) with my A10 set to the "proper" time put me in the very slightly annoying position that the dates were going to be a day off from the canonical name for the night.

Now when I go to bed at 1am, my machine says that I went to bed at 11pm the day before.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 617 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,626 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,489 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  DOWNLOADING DATA FROM AIRSENSE 10 to AIRSENSE 11 Sleepyguy39 1 1,115 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question [CPAP] Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11 sleepysurgeon 12 3,409 07-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Horseshoez
  Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now? dk2011 25 19,748 01-24-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.