Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 11 Time Zone Change
Airsense 11 Time Zone Change
My Airsense11 was delivered in September.  After using it a few days, I imported data to Oscar (the 1.3 beta at that point), and realized the DME set the time zone to GMT-5 (I was GMT-7 at the time).  

No big deal being 2 hours off, but this morning's change to DST means I am GMT-8, so the machine is 3 hours off.  That risks crossing Noon and splitting sessions, since I occasionally go to bed at 1-2AM and sleep past 9am (which the machine now thinks is Noon).

So... I decided to change the AS11's Time Zone.  For others considering this, here are the steps I followed and some observations:
  • Checked "MyAir" to make sure last night's data had been transmitted (I still have compliance requirements for insurance.)
  • Removed the SD card, and uploaded last night's data to Oscar.
  • Attempted to change the TZ, but the machine (as reported elsewhere) balked -- saying "stored therapy data" must be deleted first.
  • Deleted therapy data from the machine.
  • Changed the Time Zone.  (There is nowhere on AS11 to change the clock -- presumably it sets via Cellular, but I can't confirm that.)
  • Backed up the SD card to a folder on PC.
  • Re-inserted SD card, waited for it to be loaded.
  • Removed SD card and examined/compared to the backup. 
  • -- No session files were deleted.  
  • -- The CurrentSettings.json file was correctly updated with the new Time Zone.  
  • -- The str.edf was updated.  It appears the "number of sessions" was reset from 45 to 0, and the "start date" was updated from 9/23/2021 to 1/1/2000.  Presumably the session count will begin incrementing at (1) again tonight, and the "first session date" will get set to tonight's date.   Fingers crossed.
After doing the above, I logged into "MyAir".  All I got was an error dialog saying "No machine is associated with your account", and I couldn't access any past data. Apparently deleting data from the machine ALSO DISASSOCIATES THE MACHINE FROM YOUR MYAIR ACCOUNT.  I then repeated the initial MyAir setup, using the iPhone app to connect over Bluetooth and collect/transmit the serial number to MyAir.  After that, MyAir was happy again -- and all my usage history was still there, still viewable.

For anyone with an AS11 *and* living where there is no cellular connection, thus relying only on doctor/dme physically reading the SD card for insurance compliance:  I would be concerned about the "str.edf" file changes. I suspect Resmed software reading the SD might actually use that "session count" and "start date", perhaps ignoring any previous sessions.  That might mean losing past compliance data when changing the Time Zone.  So be careful out there.  Either leave the Time Zone alone, or at least put a new SD card in and take both the old and new SD cards to your doctor/DME when you visit.  No guarantees.

If I see any problems with tonight/tomorrow's data, I'll post an update here.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 11 Time Zone Change
The Airsense machines (I think 10 and 11 behave the same, but not sure), You can set the time back anytime after noon, but you turn it back farther than noon. For example at 4:00 PM (your machine time 7:00), you can turn the time back to 1:00 and correct the time by 3-hours. No data needs to be deleted or reset. You can make repeated changes back in time if your machine time is off by several days, or to do it all at once, a user data reset can be used. In no case will the machine allow resetting time before the last recorded date/time in memory without a data reset.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 01:55 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The Airsense machines (I think 10 and 11 behave the same, but not sure), You can set the time back anytime after noon, but you turn it back farther than noon.  For example at 4:00 PM (your machine time 7:00), you can turn the time back to 1:00 and correct the time by 3-hours.  No data needs to be deleted or reset.  You can make repeated changes back in time if your machine time is off by several days, or to do it all at once, a user data reset can be used.  In no case will the machine allow resetting time before the last recorded date/time in memory without a data reset.

Nope - That method won't work on the AS 11, because there is no way to change the time.  There is access to TZ, but changing it explicitly requires deleting all stored data first.

The AS 11 menus don't provide any access to the time.  Either it is set at factory, or it is being set from the cellular signal, or it is being set from the Resmed server that accepts the daily upload.  In any case, there is no way for the user -- in either the standard or the clinician menus -- to change the time, other than by changing the Time Zone.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's so nice that someone else is willing to explore the Bleeding Edge Big Grin

And report back, too. I probably won't get an AS11 until next summer, according to my DME.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any chance that ResMed 11 has time settings buried in the Clinical Menu?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 03:10 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Any chance that ResMed 11 has time settings buried in the Clinical Menu?

No. As I said above, no access to time on either the standard or clinician menus. 

I’m speculating it syncs via cell signal or server connection, so Resmed decided to omit any manual way to change it. But that’s just a guess.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 03:19 PM)ScottZZZ Wrote: No. As I said above, no access to time on either the standard or clinician menus. 

I’m speculating it syncs via cell signal or server connection, so Resmed decided to omit any manual way to change it. But that’s just a guess.

For the AirSense 10:

The time (zone) setting is in the Clinician Menu. . . .

BUT you can NOT go "earlier" (in time) if you recorded any data (i.e., you have already used the machine), UNLESS you delete all of the session data first.  (Settings and total machine hours in use are not affected, as far as I can tell.)

Of course, I keep current back ups, including in OSCAR, and checked to make sure "The (infamous, maligned) "cloud" had the data before I wiped the machine.

This is another one in the ongoing series, "Thank You Apria!" (not) for NOT properly configuring the device before shipping it to a customer.   :-(
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 03:28 PM)pyatrus Wrote: For the AirSense 10:

The time (zone) setting is in the Clinician Menu. . . .

BUT you can NOT go "earlier" (in time) if you recorded any data (i.e., you have already used the machine), UNLESS you delete all of the session data first.  (Settings and total machine hours in use are not affected, as far as I can tell.)

Of course, I keep current back ups, including in OSCAR, and checked to make sure "The (infamous, maligned) "cloud" had the data before I wiped the machine.

This is another one in the ongoing series, "Thank You Apria!" (not) for NOT properly configuring the device before shipping it to a customer.   :-(

Yes, there are multiple threads relating that for the 10....  But this thread is about the 11.  

That method DOES NOT APPLY to the 11, as there is no option to change the time.  The only time-related setting on the 11 is the ZONE, and it cannot be changed at all, either direction, any amount -- without erasing data.  

Trust me, I've been through menus with multiple fine-toothed combs.  No time setting.  And I tried a "one-zone" change that didn't violate Noon -- the machine won't allow it.

And here's what Resmed says in the Airsense 11 Clinical Guide about time zone (from page 21):  "The time zone cannot be changed once patient data has been stored on the device.  The patient data will need to be erased before changing the time zone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 03:10 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Any chance that ResMed 11 has time settings buried in the Clinical Menu?

Page 23 of 47 in the Clinician Manual PDF file that I have that is dated 06-2021.  So you can set the time zone but not the actual time.

Setting the time zone

Before the patient is set up, ensure the correct time zone has been set. The time zone cannot be changed

once patient data has been stored on the device. The patient data will need to be erased before changing

the time zone.

The AirSense 11 device is set up with GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) time zone settings.

To change Time Zone:

1. From the Clinical Home screen, tap SETTINGS

2. Move down the menu to find CONFIGURATION options

3. Tap Time Zone
4. Select the relevant GMT setting and tap OK.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 03:38 PM)ScottZZZ Wrote: And here's what Resmed says in the Airsense 11 Clinical Guide about time zone (from page 21):  "The time zone cannot be changed once patient data has been stored on the device.  The patient data will need to be erased before changing the time zone."

Wow. A patient would never move to a different time zone and take their cpap machine with them in ResMed World. Oh-jeez 

ResMed clearly has some really brilliant engineers working for them. However it appears that the idiots are in charge!

(I suppose this level of idiocy is nothing compared to killer foam, but really...)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 45 Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 217 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,719 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 628 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 246 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,208 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.