Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 11 Time Zone Change
RE: Airsense 11 Time Zone Change
The cell network distributes time from a Stratum 1 time base which is synchronized to the time base used by and transmitted from GPS satellites and is traceable to the NIST time standard. Resmed should use this facility available from cell networks worldwide to properly set the time and date in their machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
My unit has been found to be off by about 3 minutes. It's mind-boggling that the device would not reference a proper authoritative time source. Even the DreamStations would sync when the modems were connected. I wonder how this can be corrected?
Post Reply Post Reply
Official ResMed response: "The time on Air11 devices cannot be changed. These devices are connected to the time zone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you sure they didn't say "Twilight Zone"?  That might make more sense...   Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
If ScottZZZ is correct in saying the error doesn't drift - his doesn't - then maybe there is a high precision RTC chip (Adafruit carries one) which isn't being set accurately at the factory.
I guess the designers never thought that users might want to synchronise strange devices that were NTP sync'd.
Lots of strange design decisions...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have to worry about "compliance" right now, but...  If there is someone out there with an AS11, not concerned about compliance, and doesn't care about MyAir -- It would be interesting to put one in "airplane mode" for a couple months and see if the clock drifts. I've *assumed* mine is being periodically synced, perhaps via the MyAir upload connection, since it hasn't drifted since I started tracking it in November.

I'd normally dismiss Resmed using a more expensive RTC, though it wouldn't necessarily be a bad choice since some machines will be in locations where there is no cell signal.  But for that situation, based on squeezing out every penny of profit, I'd still expect Resmed to utilize cheaper chips and put a clock-change function into the UI.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is an option to change TimeZone in the ResMed myAir profile when you access it via web browser.
https://myair2.resmed.com/my-account > about me > change

May be this method could be tried before using the last option of deleting whole user data from the device and changing the TZ.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2022, 05:42 PM)sleepypapy Wrote: There is an option to change TimeZone in the ResMed myAir profile when you access it via web browser.
May be this method could be tried before using the last option of deleting whole user data from the device and changing the TZ.

I tried changing that when I first got my AS11.  Unfortunately, that setting only affects MyAir.  It does nothing for the machine itself or what is recorded to SD, and therefore doesn't help with OSCAR (or ResScan).   :-(
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm brand new to CPAP (3 days) and found this thread when I realized my time zone was set to GMT +0. I tried to set it to -5 and got the error message. The next day I went to delete all my data so I could reset it, since I only had 2 days of data on the machine, and for whatever reason it was now displaying properly at -5. I have no explanation for it. I did not have an SD card in (just got that today to start using OSCAR). Maybe try checking it and trying to change it and checking again a day later.

I also can't figure out where to display the current time on the machine so I can correctly get the time offset in OSCAR. Where can I find that, if it's available? If not, how do you calculate it?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2022, 02:35 PM)thistle Wrote: ... I realized my time zone was set to GMT +0.  I tried to set it to -5 and got the error message.  The next day... it was now displaying properly at -5.  

... I also can't figure out where to display the current time on the machine...  Where can I find that, if it's available?  If not, how do you calculate it?

Welcome to the forum!

Last question first...  The current time isn't displayed anywhere in the machine menus.  The way I have calculated the offset is by looking at start/end of sessions compared to the movement data on my Viatom/Wellue Sp02 device, which is synced daily to ntp.  Looking at the graphs in Oscar, particularly at a time when getting out of bed and coming back, it is easy to compare the CPAP data start/stop to the Movement data on the Viatom -- thus providing an offset to enter into Oscar preferences to align them.  Of course if you are NOT trying to sync with another device, then a few seconds error isn't worth correcting.  But the time zone is often worth correcting, particularly if the error splits your sleep session across noon.

Regarding the time zone display...  The menu doesn't always display it correctly.  Most often, the menus display +0 no matter what is actually set.  The most reliable way I have found to see the actual time zone setting is to view the "./SETTINGS/CurrentSettings.json" file written to the SD card.  That contains the current time zone, for example mine includes '"TimeZoneFeature":{"TimeZoneOffset":"-08:00"}"'.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 40 10 hours ago
Last Post: coffee9724
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 215 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,714 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 624 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 245 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,200 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.