Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 11 Time Zone Change
RE: Airsense 11 Time Zone Change
DST time again, so my AirSense11,OSCAR and my time zone do not synchronize.
Apparently, the government is considering making DST permanent (again).
If so, we are looking at a long term problem?
So can OSCAR (with time) fix this?
The atomic clock in Colorado can be the answer, as it's for cell phones. Any electrical engineers in the Apnea Board that can see an answer to this question? Hope is not a strategy, but is Air Sense 12 how long I have to wait for a correction?
I know this really matters only to a few of us. So, thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
One would just leave the time zone offset permanently changed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
Thanks @ScottZZZ for the detailed analysis of your time change.

Have you repeated this practice or given up on it? Any new developments?

I am going to try a variation but not sure if it is worth the effort. Your analysis was the Session history data is in the str.edf binary file. I don’t see any reason to lose and let that reset.

Now that the time zone change is complete, I ejected my SD card and compared. Everything OK.  I copied my str.edf file back to the SD card. I re-inserted the SD card and did not get any complaints.

I pulled the plug to test a cold start. So after letting it time out of sorts, I powered it back up. Re-inserted the SD card again. No complaints. And the Time Zone change is still corrected.

For the mandatory data erase to change Time Zone, I assumed this was just the day of recording that is still in memory. My assumption is based on if no SD card no detailed data and only summary data. So I assume that is what was going to be erased. And I did it after noon for the upload. 

I will see if putting the str.edf file back works with my session tonight.

Unsure
-- Bill
Struggling to keep the air moving like everyone else …  ?

Standard Disclaimer:
I'm just a CPAP user like you. I can't give medical advice. 
  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
@B1Sailor - I haven’t done anything further. My original issue was that my machine was 3 hours off, which could cause “splits” of daily data If I slept past 9am (rare, but can happen). I can tolerate 1 hour off without issues, so am just leaving the machine alone and will correct the “view” of data in Oscar via its “preferences, cpap, cpap clock drift” feature at each day/standard change.

As I recall, the data reset forced by the machine only effects the “summary” data stored in machine memory. If running daily with a SD card, and with cell service for the cloud uploads, nothing should be lost to the reset since the data is recorded to the card (and/or uploaded to MyAir servers).

Still…. I’m interested (because I’m the curious type) what you find with copying the edf file back to the card, and whether you identify any benefits or problems having done that. Let us know!
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought about using the clock drift settings. But the Note states "This is not intended for timezone corrections! Make sure your operating system clock and timezone is set correctly"

In my case, I don't know why the DME Supplier set Timezone to eastern instead of central. It looked good when we were on DST. But I am not in that timezone. 
Additionally I use a CSM50 Oximeter regularly and it was set correctly. So if the CPAP preferences apply to all imports, it would not fix my SpO2 tracking. I would be surprised if it only applied to CPAP to match to OS. But then why do they say not to use it for that. 

At least I am in the correct Timezone now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Scott,

I have an Airsense 11 auto and live in Southern Cal, GMT-8. My usage readings normally post just fine to MyAir, eventhough my machine is set at GMT-5. However, I'm staying now in Maui, GMT-10, for an extended period and I'm noticing this problem namely that the MyAir usage postings do not corresponding to my actual sleep time. Also, I'm sleeping a lot more now due to a covid infection. I called my supplier who's monitoring my compliance (for Medicare) and the data they receive does not show these discrepancies, presumably because the data comes to them by cell towers. I could just forget about this MyAir issue, but I'd like to change the time zone to make the app work. I understand that I have to delete the data before Changing to GMT-10 timezone. Scott, here are my questions if you would be so kind to answer:
1. Did you have any longer term hassles/consequences when you deleted the data, changed the time zone, and then re-setup the machine? I'm concerned that by my doing this essentially factory reset, I'll mess up insurance compliance.
2. Can I delete the stored data/change time zone without removing the data card? 
Thank you,
Ed Green
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2023, 03:55 PM)edela Wrote: 1. Did you have any longer term hassles/consequences when you deleted the data, changed the time zone, and then re-setup the machine? I'm concerned that by my doing this essentially factory reset, I'll mess up insurance compliance.
2. Can I delete the stored data/change time zone without removing the data card? 

Ed Green

Hi Ed,

I can't make any guarantees. Smile   

I had no issues, other than needing to "reassociate" my machine with MyAir (see post #1 in this thread for more details).  I assume it all works the same now, but there have been firmware updates (and probably software changes to MyAir as well), so it is always possible that something *could* be different now.

#1.  I experienced no ill effects from changing the time zone.  
The AS11 keeps an internal file of compliance data (365 days as I recall), and that file had to first be cleared before the firmware would allow me to change the time zone.  That file really isn't used by anyone as long as you are using SD or MyAir for compliance.  The file *could* be used (by taking the machine to a doctor/dme) to prove compliance for someone who neither has an SD card nor is sending data to MyAir via cellular (the file can be read by Resmed's ResScan software).  But if your DME is using MyAir for compliance monitoring, and if your data is successfully being sent to MyAir, then that internal statistics file on the AS11 is of no use and clearing it will cause no problem.

The firmware insists on clearing the statistics file before it will allow the time zone change. Other than having to clear that file, all my other settings remained the same (i.e., it did not "factory reset" or change any other settings when I did it).

#2.  I assume so, but I never verified that.  I took the SD card out, cleared the machine's internal therapy data, changed the time zone, and re-inserted the SD.  As noted in the 1st post of this thread, the machine copied the new, "empty" therapy file to the SD (overwriting the previous version). But it did not change or delete any of the existing session files on the card.  And once I "reassociated" the machine with MyAir, I could again see all my previous sessions there as well. 

I never had any compliance issues (and my machine was a rental at that time, being paid by insurance).  But as I said, I really can't guarantee it still works the same as it did back in Nov-2021 when I did it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much.
Post Reply Post Reply
Same machine. Same Issue. So let me confirm the steps:

1) Remove and copy all SD card data to another folder for safekeeping
2) SD card: clear the machine's internal therapy data (name of file? This is on the card right?)
3) changed the time zone (on machine via clinician> settings section)
4) re-insert SD card into machine
5) Re-associate machine with MyAir (is this done by logging back into your myAir account and providing serial number?)
6) Done.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bingo! Your serial number doesn't change. Your MyAir should have no problems, since it is the serial number it is using.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 40 9 hours ago
Last Post: coffee9724
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 215 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,713 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 622 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 245 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,199 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.