Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 11 current delivery times ?
RE: Airsense 11 current delivery times ?
I agree with Phil7. Sometimes "new and improved" is neither.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2022, 07:57 PM)Phil7 Wrote: An Airsense 10 is half the price right now and an 11 model has no therapy advantages.  Why pay double?

I'm on a MD subscription w/ no provider myself though, where I order my own.

The 11 has both a “Soft” setting and the “For Her” mode built in. I tried the “Soft” setting first and it made such a difference that I probably won’t need the “For Her” mode.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
My clinician ordered my AirSense11 in June and I was told it would be many months before it arrived.  In early Aug. I got another email saying there were still long delays........and it arrived the next day!   Good luck!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-02-2022, 04:22 PM)Rcgop Wrote: The 11 has both a “Soft” setting and the “For Her” mode built in. I tried the “Soft” setting first and it made such a difference that I probably won’t need the “For Her” mode.

You're putting too much faith in programmed logic that can't accurately detect only valid events.    Nothing beats a static pressure range.  Nothing beats looking at your data in Oscar and seeing what's going on.

Also, if you really have a range of 4 to 16, that is really bad.    The min number needs to be at least close to what you actually need.   It takes the machines a while to catch up to a (what they think is a correct pressure) in stages.

Here's an example of me in REM, with an auto-set range applied.   See how the machine sees a boogy man that doesn't exist and jacks up the pressure?   That is bad.  That can knock you out of REM sleep.  Stop trusting big ranges and the accuracy of these machines.

[Image: two.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Was this Apria they Kaiser by any chance?
Post Reply Post Reply
Had a sleep study done on 4/5. Airsense11 in my hands on 6/3. I didn't even know there was a shortage. Guess I got lucky?
Post Reply Post Reply
It may be getting better. I believe my AirSense 11 was only a month wait. Which for me was not bad because I was having nasal surgery.

It may depend on your insurance compliance requirements. I was told they had to deliver some without the modem component to relay results because of chip shortages. But they had them in stock when I picked mine up. I believe I saw 6 delivered just as I was getting mine. Mine has the modem even though my insurance did not require the compliance.

The overload because of the Respronics problem. My Respronics was 18 years old. Too old for the re-call.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 184 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  ResMed VAuto single beep at times? k888 4 164 04-08-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: k888
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,577 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 125 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 474 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 256 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question [CPAP] Help to understand current situation and OSCAR data 3dkid14 0 286 01-18-2024, 04:21 AM
Last Post: 3dkid14

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.