Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 11 current delivery times ?
Airsense 11 current delivery times ?
Hey Everyone. 

Been a while. 

In February I ordered an Airsense 11 as a tech refresh on my 6 year old A10. 

The DME projected delivery was 10 months (December). 

Today I asked for an update… still projecting December. No improvement in the supply chain. 

What are you all experiencing on delivery times for a new machine?

Thanks

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 11 current delivery times ?
Although I'm not in the market for a new machine, I have a feeling if you threatened to use another DME, a machine might magically appear.

If you're using insurance, it might be a good idea to check out other DME's that are contracted with your insurance. Start making phone calls and ask what they have in stock.

If you are purchasing outright, then check some of the online suppliers.
I briefly checked Supplier #1 and they are currently selling the AirSense 10 AutoSet Card to Cloud version for 913.00. They also list the A11 for 1599.00 which I think is high.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got "lucky" in that I needed a bi pressure machine. I just had to wait for the Insurance company to accept and send paperwork. (5 days)
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks Opal and doubleb.

My DME called me back today to say if I would be willing to do a virtual call to setup they could deliver in October. 

I asked them what is the constraint:  supply chain or scheduling appointments.  They said well, both, but their quota for new machines is creeping up a little month by month.  (hmm.. if I took Opal's suggestion and threatened to walk I might be able to score one of those quota plus ups a bit sooner)

Ticks me off a little that all these months I was under the naïve impression that if the supply chain got better they would call me to accelerate. They certainly implied that if not said it outright.  In reality they aren't changing anything unless people are proactive and contact them. Why was I surprised and disappointed. :face palm:

So, October is okay for now. I am happy with this DME for the past 7 years and I don't want to roll the dice on a new DME.  I've had some bad DME experiences so I'll count my blessings. 

I like my current A10 machine and it still runs fine, just getting old and I want to replace it before it wears out with no backup. 

thanks for the feedback and suggestions. 

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
I put my order in mid April and got mine in mid July. (3 months). Apria told me 8 to 10 weeks and I got mine in 12 weeks. Also they sent me an acknowledgment e-mail every 3 weeks to reassure me they had not forgotten me. Assuming the supply chain and chip shortage are real, I was very pleased with Apria.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got mine yesterday from my DME supplier and the wait was about 2.5 months from my yearly check up with the pulmonologist. Mine was a replacement for my 6 yr. Old Airsense 10
Post Reply Post Reply
My order was in mid-April with my DME supplier and I received mine yesterday. I did call to check up on supply a few times and not sure if that made it any quicker. I was being told 4-6 months wait time. When I put m my order in.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have heard several 'delayed' delivery stories....so I went ahead and purchased a new Airsense 10. No wait. 

Now I have a back up/travel machine that greatly uncomplicated my life. I keep it at our weekend haunt and don't have to lug it back and forth. After a while that did get old....Remember to bring it/Break it down/pack it/take it to car/take from car to apartment/set it up....repeat going home. It took some effort!!

Now I just unplug it and cover it when not in use. Eliminates all of the above. And gives me peace of mind knowing that I have a back up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
I ordered an airsense 11 auto 3 months ago through a Colorado DME and received it today
Post Reply Post Reply
An Airsense 10 is half the price right now and an 11 model has no therapy advantages.  Why pay double?

I'm on a MD subscription w/ no provider myself though, where I order my own.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 5 104 1 hour ago
Last Post: Valtor
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 65 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 411 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question [CPAP] Help to understand current situation and OSCAR data 3dkid14 0 254 01-18-2024, 04:21 AM
Last Post: 3dkid14
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.