Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 11 not recording full night sleep duration
Airsense 11 not recording full night sleep duration
Hello all, I am new to Cpap and purchased an AirSense 11. I am having decent success with it, but I find it is not recording my full night's sleep. For example, last night I went to sleep at 10pm and woke up at 6am.. a full 8 hours sleep. My machine was on and the seal was perfect when I woke up. However, when I checked the MyAir app to see my score, it said the sleep duration was 4.4 hours, and when I checked the machine itself, the screen only measured 2.6 hours. I don't understand why it isn't counting the full night? I can't find any info on this anywhere.
Cat
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 11 not recording full night sleep duration
Hi CanadianCat!  -  Welcome
The AS11 has a timezone setting.  Yours may be set to the incorrect one.  If you are in the Central timezone, then it should be set to GMT-5.  A Resmed's day is from noon to noon the next day.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've just checked. It is set to the correct timezone (Central US). I just don't understand why it only thinks it was on for 4 hours, when it was over 8, without any removal.  I am ordering an SD card to put in.
Cat
Post Reply Post Reply
One possibility -- Check the machine settings under "My Options" and make sure the "SmartStop" feature is disabled.  

That feature can misinterpret temporary leaks as a "mask removal" and stop therapy.  Assuming SmartStart is ON, therapy will start again sometime later.  That cycle can keep happening all night long, greatly reducing the total time in therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for your assistance! I discovered that it was indeed the noon-noon time capturing, as all the previous use showed up after the machine updated today.
Catherine
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 68 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 89 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 526 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 162 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,611 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.