Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 11 warranty case
Airsense 11 warranty case
Hi,

I started therapy 3 months ago and 1-2 times per week, I get an error message that the heating/humidifier failed. I started a warranty case with my DME and I was thinking I will get a new Airsense 11 after dropping mine off (It will be send to ResMed from there; they already have a shipping label). When I came home, I plugged the machine in and checked the about page. See and behold, the machine already ran for 473.4 hours. Is it safe to assume I got a used/refurbished unit as replacement? Should I call and complain or is this normal?

Thanks for any insights!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 11 warranty case
The only thing normal about CPAP is the abnormality of it all. Every DME is different, so no consistency regarding how they replace machines.

473 hours is about 2 months of use, not much at all and less than you likely had on your original machine. It is up to you whether you want a new machine or are fine with one that was slightly used. Knowing what I know now, I would be fine with it. When I started and was new to it all, I would probably have wanted a new machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I was on CPAP back in Sept. of 2018, I went to my DME to pick up my new Airsense 10 machine. Once home, I found out that it had 54 hrs. on it. 

It wasn't a big deal to me, but I would have appreciated it if the DME had been honest with me about ti.
Post Reply Post Reply
Personally if the machine seems good otherwise, I'd be happy to have had someone else off-gas the initial chemical smells. If it smells at all like smoke or fragrance that would be a different matter.

Lisa
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 211 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,407 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] SD card voids warranty? DTDude 20 1,308 11-30-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  UPS Battery Backup for CPAP in case of power outage puterwiz82 3 1,838 09-04-2023, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Br1sleep
  How do I make the case for BPAP? SleepingFish 18 1,362 08-29-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Does it make a sense to get a CPAP in my case? SidWilliams 1 543 05-16-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,725 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.