Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense A10 and the NSA
Airsense A10 and the NSA
Do you think the NSA reads our A10's data to spy on us?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense A10 and the NSA
Don't you think they've got better things to worry about than your AHI or leak rate? I used to think LOTFAP was a joke - after reading some of the posts on here I'm not so sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
well they record our phones the A10 is just like a phone
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2015, 04:15 AM)k_ogre Wrote: Do you think the NSA reads our A10's data to spy on us?

It's probably safe to assume that the NSA collects everything that you send or receive online, especially if you're in the US. Conduct yourself accordingly.

Of course, whether or not they actually look at it or are interested in it is another matter. I doubt it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2015, 04:30 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Don't you think they've got better things to worry about than your AHI or leak rate? I used to think LOTFAP was a joke - after reading some of the posts on here I'm not so sure.

IMO not cool dude. I agree first sentence as a matter of logic. The second sentence however is ill informed and didn't need said.. We now live in a police state. It wasn't that way not so long ago. "Our" gvt is out of control here and abroad. So yes some of us are a little paranoid - but not w/o reason. Perhaps this question could be answered by "See FAQ # 4 or some such. If there is such a FAQ would someone direct me to it because I do not see it?

The first is: remember that your motives are not always as altruistic as they seem to yourself.
The second is: don't over-estimate your own merits.
The third is: don't expect others to take as much interest in you as you do yourself.
And the fourth is: don't imagine that most people give enough thought to you to have any special desire to persecute you.”
― Bertrand Russell

“Paranoia is just the bastard child of fear and good sense."

IN GOD WE TRUST, ALL OTHERS WE MONITOR

I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
I am perfectly happy for anyone who likes to know as much about my apnea treatment as their little hearts desire.

Privacy is now dead because of the development of technology, not because of big bad government. The rats have jumped off the ship, the horses have left the barn, it's all over but the shouting so far as "privacy" is concerned.

Nuthin' I or anyone else can do about it.

But their is a remedy: "we will let you know all you want about us, so long as we can know all we want about you". The same technology that lets the watchers watch us will let us watch the watchers. David Brin has coined the term "sousveillance" for this and I recommend you look it up. Laws against invasion of privacy won't work: it is too cheap and easy now. Laws requiring an equal right for those watched to watch the watchers can work. See the spate of incidents revealing police actions from bystanders with cell phones as a typical instance.

Sousveilance - it's OK for you to watch us just so long as we can watch you equally.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
I thought the webcam in my A10 was a cool new feature. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2015, 04:15 AM)k_ogre Wrote: Do you think the NSA reads our A10's data to spy on us?

I'm not at liberty to discuss that.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2015, 01:39 PM)worn_out_in_lebanon Wrote: I thought the webcam in my A10 was a cool new feature. Smile

Laugh-a-lot Heading to the bedroom to drop trough.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe we could find a way to use that feature to fund our cpap habit. Smile

Edit: - separately - ...in case there was any confusion in that statement to anyone!
Bug-eyed Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 614 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,625 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,487 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  DOWNLOADING DATA FROM AIRSENSE 10 to AIRSENSE 11 Sleepyguy39 1 1,115 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question [CPAP] Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11 sleepysurgeon 12 3,408 07-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Horseshoez
  Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now? dk2011 25 19,748 01-24-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.