Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense A10 and the NSA
RE: Airsense A10 and the NSA
I would not be surprised if the cell phone in it has a microphone. With 1/3 of the population suffering from apnea, it would be the perfect way to get a listening device into 1/2 of the adult bedrooms in the country.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2015, 08:24 PM)player Wrote: I would not be surprised if the cell phone in it has a microphone. With 1/3 of the population suffering from apnea, it would be the perfect way to get a listening device into 1/2 of the adult bedrooms in the country.

Why bother when they already know the one you carry around with you *definitely* has a microphone and can tell them much more than when you are snoring?

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2015, 01:39 PM)worn_out_in_lebanon Wrote: I thought the webcam in my A10 was a cool new feature. Smile

Maybe the NSA can look through the footage and figure out how to stop the poltergeist that wraps my CPAP tube around my neck in the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2015, 08:27 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(04-27-2015, 08:24 PM)player Wrote: I would not be surprised if the cell phone in it has a microphone. With 1/3 of the population suffering from apnea, it would be the perfect way to get a listening device into 1/2 of the adult bedrooms in the country.

Why bother when they already know the one you carry around with you *definitely* has a microphone and can tell them much more than when you are snoring?

Why not bother? It's there for the taking. My cell is turned off and downstairs. But with the A10 line, they always have a microphone in half the bedrooms in the country.
Post Reply Post Reply
U can tell the crapria supplied model because there is a string out the back and a itty bitty tin can inside. Just get really close to the LCD and stare at it and after a while you will see the can.... Go ahead try it. We will wait.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
They could make a great epic movie about this. NSA operatives sitting around all night drinking coffee and sucking "vapes" while listening to a bunch of old fat people snore all night......... Trailers soon?
Post Reply Post Reply
In a world....
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2015, 11:54 PM)player Wrote:
(04-27-2015, 08:27 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: Why bother when they already know the one you carry around with you *definitely* has a microphone

Why not bother?

Because it costs a lot of money and wastes a lot of time? But even if they can and do, it's fine by me as long as I can listen to them when I want to.

Quote:It's there for the taking. My cell is turned off and downstairs.

You think they can't listen when you've got the phone turned "off"? That's rather sweetly naive. In any event they can listen while you have it turned on and in your shirt pocket most of the day and probably find out a lot of more "interesting" things about you..

Or they can bounce an infrared laser off your bedroom window and use it as a microphone without going near it. I am not lying awake at night worrying about it.

Quote:But with the A10 line, they always have a microphone in half the bedrooms in the country.

And the other half of the country wasting their time listening in on you just in case you do something naughty?

But in case you didn't know there are already microphones in virtually every bedroom in the nation already in the form of telephones. And the speaker in your radio is just a microphone temporarily re purposed.

If they really want to hear you at night you can't stop them anyway.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2015, 04:15 AM)k_ogre Wrote: Do you think the NSA reads our A10's data to spy on us?

Cant help myself so here goes... The NSA forwards the data to HHS. IN combination with age and EMR they can modify your CPAP to dispatch you to the next world esp if budget needs to be reduced....Now just where did I leave my tin foil hat. (Prefer copper, better faraday cage.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2015, 04:15 AM)k_ogre Wrote: Do you think the NSA reads our A10's data to spy on us?

Do I THINK or do I KNOW?

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,337 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,694 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,629 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  DOWNLOADING DATA FROM AIRSENSE 10 to AIRSENSE 11 Sleepyguy39 1 1,160 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question [CPAP] Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11 sleepysurgeon 12 3,467 07-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Horseshoez
  Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now? dk2011 25 19,817 01-24-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Comparison of Rresmed airsense 11 autoset with Resmed airsense 10 auto set; stevekuk 4 3,559 01-10-2022, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Ratchick

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.