Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense Autoset 10, "Error: power connector in rear is not plugged in"
Airsense Autoset 10, "Error: power connector in rear is not plugged in"
I came home to that error message, out of the blue, reached back to ensure that cord was plugged in completely, then power blacked out, never to return. I quickly realized that the back connector was wet, and appeared to have been wet for awhile. I tried to no avail to dry it with q-tips, hair dryer, etc. It's still shorted out.

Does anyone have any ideas on how this could have happened? The machine has never been dropped. I do keep it on the floor so that condensation drains back into the water tank, but it never occurred to me that it could somehow drain into the machine itself, unless the heated hose connection is not 100% sealed, but I would think that would show up as a fairly large leak. I have noticed higher than normal leak rates (2-7 L/min, as displayed on machine itself), but thought that could have been attributed to a dud replacement nose pillow.

So it looks like I'll be without therapy for awhile, until I can get an appointment at my DME... I guess if I had any doubts about whether PAPing was helping me, the next few nights will be quite telling. Sad Guess I can also use it as a chance to collect some baseline SPO2 data to see how bad my oxygen levels without therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense Autoset 10, "Error: power connector in rear is not plugged in"
That error usually means the center pin signal is missing. The power plug is a three conductor plug: an outer shell (+24V), an inner shell (common), and a slender center pin (+3.3V). If you've got a voltmeter you can check the voltages.

Sometimes the center pin gets bent and doesn't make contact.

The power supply will usually recover from a short by cycling it. I've shorted it before, unfortunately.

The water could have fried it.

I'd check the pin and dry the plug and socket again. The machine internals may dry out overnight.

I know that's not much help.

Steve

Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you're 100% correct. The central pin is gone, appears to be fried. Can't believe I didn't observe that right off the bat. That also explains why there's so much black soot coming out of the plug - that's what remains of the central pin. Now the question is, how in the hell did water get in the electrical area, enough to fry the electronics?

In any case, here's to a couple of sleepless nights until I can get in to my forsaken DME. :-|
Post Reply Post Reply
I think hose connector (the part you squeeze) is a half-ass design.
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2016, 11:30 PM)sdb7802 Wrote: I think hose connector (the part you squeeze) is a half-ass design.

So are you thinking condensation has been leaking into the machine through the hose, and eventually fried the electronics? That's what I was thinking, but I always assumed the hose formed a pretty good seal.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2016, 11:34 PM)Possum Wrote: So are you thinking condensation has been leaking into the machine through the hose, and eventually fried the electronics?

Do you remember what your humidifier setting was?

If the hose was loose, the water could have pooled around the power entry. That would take a lot of water.

Or maybe there's a crack in the internal plumbing.

(04-11-2016, 11:34 PM)Possum Wrote: I always assumed the hose formed a pretty good seal.

It is if it's fully seated. Just kind of flimsy. Might not leak after all. Most of the design is pretty impressive. There's always something that causes problems. Nothing would surprise me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2016, 12:01 AM)sdb7802 Wrote: Do you remember what your humidifier setting was?

I keep humidity on 5 and hose temp maxed out at 86 deg F, but sometimes I still get condensation. Thought I was being clever by keeping the machine low so it would drain back into the tank. I guess this is what happens..
Post Reply Post Reply
Is your water tank leaking?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2016, 12:16 AM)sdb7802 Wrote: Is your water tank leaking?

Don't think so.. But I wonder if I overfilled it and that caused water to enter the electronics module when the blower came on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Possum,
I’m sorry to hear about your machine, hopefully, you can get in to see the DME really soon.
Good luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,787 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 835 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 165 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 210 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.