Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense Autoset 10, "Error: power connector in rear is not plugged in"
RE: Airsense Autoset 10, "Error: power connector in rear is not plugged in"
Thank goodness I got in today. Fortunately I've raised a stink enough times that when I complain about something, I get in quickly. I don't mean to be such a grouch, but sometimes that's the only way to get things done! Smile

Anyway I have a brand new machine (verified 0 usage hours) and am looking forward to breaking it in tonight. Last night was my first night sleeping with absolutely no therapy in about 10 months - not surprisingly I woke up feeling like garbage, but at least I collected some baseline SPO2 data, which I've been meaning to do (just not on a Mon night, at the very beginning of the work week).
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2016, 11:12 PM)sdb7802 Wrote: The power plug is a three conductor plug: an outer shell (+24V), an inner shell (common), and a slender center pin (+3.3V). If you've got a voltmeter you can check the voltages.

Correction: outer shell (common), an inner shell (+24V)

Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this a repairable issue? My machine turns on but is stuck in the error message screen. I would hate to have to spend several hundred dollara to replace a 2 year old machine if it can be repaired.
Post Reply Post Reply
I received my CPAP Sept. 10th of this year. It's also a ResMed AirSense AutoSet 10. 

I've received the same message on the screen a couple of times. Each time, I had to reach behind the machine and make sure the power cord was tightly plugged in. 

After doing that, the message disappeared. No signs of my machine leaking water.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did have water leaks. The cord is seated. I even replaced it once to make sure the power supply wasn't damaged.
Post Reply Post Reply
It could be an issue with the external PSU, can you buy a cheap clone one from Amazon or a replacement one online ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I did purchase a replacement power supply. The message did not go away.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry to be a nuisance about this after you've answered the question, but let's be specific: what brand is the replacement power supply? Is it the official Resmed one? You know about the secret Masonic handshake on the third pin, right? Any random third-party 24V power supply won't work with the A10 (and S9) unless it also provides that signal.

If the PS is otherwise good, then look at the center pin, as mentioned upthread, and see whether that is still there and not bent and not fried.

That's all I can think of.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did not know ofthe secret handshake. I will have to order the resmed power supply and see what happens.

To be continued ...
Post Reply Post Reply
When I picked up my machine, the respiratory therapist showed me the secret handshake. He also told me the secret code word, just in case.  Dodgy

Forgot to mention. Last night, I had an AHI of 0.4, the lowest to date so far.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 9 244 Yesterday, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Tmjidaho
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 190 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  N30i [what mask setting] Airsense 10 AutoSet Topdogg7505 8 3,245 04-20-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ahfairley
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,635 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Remote power button? JohnKoz 8 144 04-18-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Do you take out the Tube Outlet Connector in the Airsense 11 to clean? dharma2255 7 217 04-16-2024, 10:03 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 6 7,284 03-30-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Ron LI

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.