Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense Autoset error, blockage in tube
Airsense Autoset error, blockage in tube
My machine has been regularly stopping in the middle of the night, and an error message flashes on the screen saying that the tube is blocked. I check the tube and nothing seems to be wrong with it. There aren't any kinks that I can see, usually not even any significant moisture buildup / rainout.

Has anyone had this type of issue before or have any ideas about what could cause it? As usual my supplier is mostly useless when it comes to troubleshooting.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense Autoset error, blockage in tube
Pull the tank and check inside to see if there are any obstructions with any of the outlets. Circled in #5 in pic.

[Image: A10%20tank%20seals.PNG]

Check the diffuser vents in your mask for blockage and when you run the machine with your mask on that you have venting. If all that looks good, it could be an problem with the internal pressure sensor.

I would also check your inlet filter on the left side of the machine. Chances are if that was blocked you would get flow sensor error and not a pressure sensor error but worth a look.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2015, 11:31 AM)AlanE Wrote: Pull the tank and check inside to see if there are any obstructions with any of the outlets. Circled in #5 in pic.

[Image: A10%20tank%20seals.PNG]

Check the diffuser vents in your mask for blockage and when you run the machine with your mask on that you have venting. If all that looks good, it could be an problem with the internal pressure sensor.

I would also check your inlet filter on the left side of the machine. Chances are if that was blocked you would get flow sensor error and not a pressure sensor error but worth a look.

Wow, great tips! Everything checks out, but sometimes I get a lot of condensation in my P10 nasal pillow mask and the diffusers get wet. Sometimes it's so bad that I wake up because I can't breathe well enough, but I've still never gotten this error. Do you think that could be part of the problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
Possibly, if the vents in the mask are getting clogged. What are you running your humidity setting at? Also, probably not the problem but make sure you don't fill the tank up too high.

Should fill to the green line, not the red line.

[Image: IMG-20150517-00106.jpg]

If you use less than half the tank in one night, you can fill to the yellow line and still be okay.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2015, 12:05 PM)AlanE Wrote: Possibly, if the vents in the mask are getting clogged. What are you running your humidity setting at? Also, probably not the problem but make sure you don't fill the tank up too high.

Should fill to the green line, not the red line.

[Image: IMG-20150517-00106.jpg]

If you use less than half the tank in one night, you can fill to the yellow line and still be okay.

I have been keeping humidity at 5, hose temp at 84. The temperature of my bedroom is in the 60s. As I said, I've had issues with rainout before but never got this error.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2015, 10:38 AM)Possum Wrote: My machine has been regularly stopping in the middle of the night, and an error message flashes on the screen saying that the tube is blocked. I check the tube and nothing seems to be wrong with it. There aren't any kinks that I can see, usually not even any significant moisture buildup / rainout.

Has anyone had this type of issue before or have any ideas about what could cause it? As usual my supplier is mostly useless when it comes to troubleshooting.

I'm guessing that your problem is similar to mine and others who have seen this message more than a few time. Go to this link and read about possible solutions for your issues. Let us know what changes you made, if any, and if you are successful. Good luck.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...alfunction

Coffee
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2015, 10:38 AM)Possum Wrote: My machine has been regularly stopping in the middle of the night, and an error message flashes on the screen saying that the tube is blocked. I check the tube and nothing seems to be wrong with it. There aren't any kinks that I can see, usually not even any significant moisture buildup / rainout.

Try another tube, to rule out the fault is with the tube
If you get the same message, more likely the machine is faulty and need to be replaced under the new machine 2 years warranty
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:I'm guessing that your problem is similar to mine and others who have seen this message more than a few time. Go to this link and read about possible solutions for your issues. Let us know what changes you made, if any, and if you are successful. Good luck.

Coffee

Thanks for the link, but I've actually alreadly seen that thread, and it is regarding a different issue. I'm pretty careful about reviewing current threads before posting a new one..
Post Reply Post Reply
When they first came out this error message came up with a lot of machines, first they though it was faulty tubing, but it ended up being a software issue Resmed pushed out a software upgrade through the modems.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2015, 07:29 PM)Possum Wrote:
Quote:I'm guessing that your problem is similar to mine and others who have seen this message more than a few time. Go to this link and read about possible solutions for your issues. Let us know what changes you made, if any, and if you are successful. Good luck.

Coffee

Thanks for the link, but I've actually alreadly seen that thread, and it is regarding a different issue. I'm pretty careful about reviewing current threads before posting a new one..

I was getting the blocked tube message as well when condensation occurred in the mask line. That's why I referred you to that link.So, I do think its either a faulty climate hose or rain-out\condensation in the mask tubing. If you follow the tips on getting rid of rainout\condensation and you don't solve the problem then you have eliminated that as the issue and I would return the machine for a new one. Good luck.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 360 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 108 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 221 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.