Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense Noise Levels
RE: Airsense Noise Levels
It's not normal!

My machine started that whiny sound after 2 weeks of use. My DME sent it back to ResMed.. I did have to wait about three weeks for a replacement... good thing I had a backup.

The RT told me it's a known issue and ResMed will replace with new.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Follow up question on this. All of you who said that their machine is super quiet and doesnt sound like this, do you mean that both the sounds coming from the machine and the mask are almost silent or did you mean just the machine?

I realized that the sound that I have on mine ( same as from OP in his/her video ) is coming from the place where the filter is and its basically mimicking my inhales and exhales. Its the loudest when I inhale.

I also just tried it with 3 different masks and the sound is there on all 3 masks and on all 3 masks I also have noise when I inhale and exhale but I guess that should be normal?

Had a call with my provider and they think that this is normal and how it should sound like. So we agreed on scheduling an appointment at their office where I will bring my CPAP and mask and compare it to another of the same model.
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine is quiet, but not soundless.  You may hear inhale and exhalation variation.  After all, the motor has to work harder to provide the increased inhale pressure.  Masks will also make some sound, either through the deliberate leakage holes, or through the anti-asphyxiation valve.  

What you shouldn't hear is a whine or sound of bearings or contact.  It should be relatively quiet.  If your significant other thinks it's noisy or obnoxious, that's a sign.  If you think it's noisy - bring it in to your DME if you purchased it from one.  (You paid dearly for that machine if you bought through a DME, so take advantage of any service or guarantee they provide.)  Bring all your gear with you so it gets tested the same way.  If you think it's too noisy - it is.  Your head and ears are relatively close to the machine in use, so it is significantly louder than if you are standing 8 feet away.  Be assertive and push for what you need.

As @OpalRose mentioned, be prepared that they may send it to be serviced.  If you have no extra machine to use, it will be a long few weeks...  But those few weeks will be worth it to get the machine fixed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I only have experience with one CPAP machine. That's my ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. It's dead quiet. I just kind of assumed that all CPAP machines were quiet. But.......since having become a member of this forum, I now know better.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,610 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,283 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 620 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 679 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 147 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.