Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense S10 for Her ~ "leaks" ~ :(
RE: Airsense S10 for Her ~ "leaks" ~ :(
GrammaBear, Actually both kinds of humidifier tubs come apart for cleaning. If your's came with the machine than it's Not the dishwater safe type.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I get a new humidifier tray ever 6-months as it is considered a consumable. They should last longer, and I had my original chamber for 6 years with my M-Series machine. I hope you find where the leak is happening. If not the standard tray is not expensive at $23.95 on Prime.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi GrammaBear,The last time I ordered my machine, the standard tub came with it, if I wanted a dishwasher-safe tub, I had to ask for it, so I chose to do that because it was veery difficult to take the standard tub apart, (at least on the S9AutoSet,) to clean it. I'm glad that the newer standard tub on the AirSense10 comes apart easier for cleaning.
Hopefully, you will find out where your problem is with your humidifier.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2017, 10:18 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi GrammaBear,The last time I ordered my machine, the standard tub came with it, if I wanted a dishwasher-safe tub, I had to ask for it, so  I chose to do that because it was veery difficult to take the standard tub apart, (at least on the S9AutoSet,) to clean it.  I'm glad that the newer standard tub on the AirSense10  comes apart easier for cleaning.
Hopefully, you will find out where your problem is with your humidifier.

Thanks so much Trish.  I spoke with the supplier about my problem with the humidifier.  He said that it is likely the seal between the metal part and the plastic part and that this seal was placed there during the manufacturing process.  He also said that while leaking is rare, it does happen.  The defective humidifier will be replaced.  I thought the leaking problem was my fault because I did something wrong, but it is a relief to know that this time I am not guilty.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
A very light tap of the humidifier chamber on the sink while filling was all it took to break the seal between the metal and plastic, enough to cause a leak. Only 1 drop every 15 seconds or so, but that's enough to make a mess under the machine by morning. The S10 humidifier chambers are very prone to leaking at that seal with the slightest tap on a sink. If you ever happen to drop the chamber, I can imagine that seal would split even more. Handle it with extreme care, and take it from one who learned the hard way!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 280 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 134 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 158 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 106 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 496 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.