Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense autoset 10 or for her.
Airsense autoset 10 or for her.
Hi again. So I requested the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her but they ordered and will set up the not for her model on Wednesday. The one time I wore the mask I suffered greatly from aerophagia. Will the difference in algorithm be helpful? I will have to wait another week for the FH model.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense autoset 10 or for her.
(11-30-2015, 01:05 PM)SpeedyD Wrote: Hi again. So I requested the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her but they ordered and will set up the not for her model on Wednesday. The one time I wore the mask I suffered greatly from aerophagia. Will the difference in algorithm be helpful? I will have to wait another week for the FH model.

Make sure you don't sign anything that indicates that this is your machine. Write down on anything they want you to sign that you accept this as a temporary device until the device you ordered arrives - have the delivery person also sign it (and spell their name since signatures are often illegible). You did not order an Autoset, you ordered an Autoset for Her. You (or your insurance company) are paying hundreds of dollars for this machine for at least 5 years. Demand what YOU want.

If they give you crap, tell them to take the other one away and you will wait for the correct model. That's what I ended up doing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2015, 01:57 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote:
(11-30-2015, 01:05 PM)SpeedyD Wrote: Hi again. So I requested the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her but they ordered and will set up the not for her model on Wednesday. The one time I wore the mask I suffered greatly from aerophagia. Will the difference in algorithm be helpful? I will have to wait another week for the FH model.

Make sure you don't sign anything that indicates that this is your machine. Write down on anything they want you to sign that you accept this as a temporary device until the device you ordered arrives - have the delivery person also sign it (and spell their name since signatures are often illegible). You did not order an Autoset, you ordered an Autoset for Her. You (or your insurance company) are paying hundreds of dollars for this machine for at least 5 years. Demand what YOU want.

If they give you crap, tell them to take the other one away and you will wait for the correct model. That's what I ended up doing.

They did say they would order it but I wait another week with No treatment. I was just wondering if the difference is worth the wait.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2015, 02:07 PM)SpeedyD Wrote: They did say they would order it but I wait another week with No treatment. I was just wondering if the difference is worth the wait.
I suspect, they're not telling the truth. You've waited a while for the machine and now they say, wait another week, smell a rat Smile

The main difference between regular AutoSet and AutoSet for Her, is that "for Her' model have an extra "AutoSet for Her mode" algorthim specific to treat women in a more gentler way. Not the end of world, more women use regular machines than 'for Her' machines

AirSesnse 10 had few tweaks since came out last year when I got my machine
e.g. mine doesn't report RERAs, been told by some members, the newer regular AutoSet now report RERAs
Also my machine, when climate control on auto mode, temp is not adjustable, the newer ones, tube temp is adjustable just like the S9
RERAs are not included in AHI but should shows in the software, download the data form last night and take a look
You'll need the most recent machine with the latest firmware

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. So I wait another week. Or tell them to treat me with something else while in waiting?
Post Reply Post Reply
So I called up the DME today and the original person who orders my machine put me on hold and said she went back to the room where machines are kept and my FH machine is there. So holding on for tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
w00t w00t!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2015, 04:58 PM)DariaVader Wrote: w00t w00t!

And my next post will be about the mark-up$$ on the machine or my anxiety over using it. Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
Regardless of markup, the final charge will be based on "allowable" price under their insurance contract. Your deductible will also be based on the price after "insurance discount".
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2015, 07:29 PM)SpeedyD Wrote:
(12-01-2015, 04:58 PM)DariaVader Wrote: w00t w00t!

And my next post will be about the mark-up$$ on the machine or my anxiety over using it. Thinking-about

Nah, here's hoping that your next post is about how great you feel after getting some oxygen while you sleep for a change Smile.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 494 4 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 218 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 657 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.