Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense autoset vs for her
RE: Airsense autoset vs for her
Quick have you though of adding EPR to your S9? I think you could do even better and reduce those pressure fluctuations and reduce flow limitation with EPR at 2. I'd be interested in hearing your feedback from trying EPR.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll give it a shot tonight. I tried it once 10 years ago and it was distracting so I never tried it again.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not for everyone. I think if you can get past the change, it will help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It was different... Maybe I should give it a couple of nights
I've got the results for the previous night (4/20) and last night (4/21). Below I've got the first page of 4/20 and 4/21. Next post is second page of 4/20 and 4/21 (max 3 attachments per post?)

4/20 - first page

4/21 - first page

Post Reply Post Reply
Follow-on from post above:

4/20 - second page

4/21 - second page

Post Reply Post Reply
4/22 was better and last night (4/23) looks better yet

4/23

Post Reply Post Reply
Had a very gratifying video consultation with my new sleep doctor (old sleep doctor retired years ago). Primary goal was getting my S9 replaced. I faxed the office my ResScan reports; All the summary reports for last 90 days and detailed report for last 7 days (detailed for 90 days was about 120 pages).

He seemed to be very pleased that I was managing/involved in my own therapy. He asked if I was also using Sleepyhead! Smile He wasn't aware it had evolved into Oscar. Said my data looked fantastic. "Why do you want the For Her model?". I said they have additional algorithm for RERA and I have been trying to improve that recently. He thought that was great and noted that it also had the regular AutoSet mode if I didn't like it. Also mentioned that ResMed is coming out with a new model in a few months but he thought availability might be delayed with the current conditions and supply chain disruptions etc. so he suggest we just go with the AirSense 10 now rather than wait.

End result: He's going to write a script for
AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her (said the For Her model might take an extra week or so if the DME didn't have it in stock)
Integrated Humidifier
ClimateLine hose
Patient selectable mask and supplies (initial mask for nasal pillows)

As for the Oximetry and DC converter kit I'll have to buy on my own because the insurance companies won't cover those. Well, they will cover the oximetry but only if you're on supplemental oxygen which is not me.

I have the oximetry (self purchased) for my S9 but ...what a surprise... the module is not compatible with the AirSense 10. Fortunately the module/adapter for the machine is the less expensive part (~$200) and the rest of it WILL plug into that.
DC converter kits (also not compatible with the one for my S9) look to be about $150 so I'm out the door for about $350 and a spare mask to boot. I'm a happy camper.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like very good news for you Quick. Congrats. Let us know how things go when you get the new machine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice going! Great info, too! Thanks for sharing!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2020, 01:38 PM)Quick Wrote: ...He thought that was great and noted that it also had the regular AutoSet mode if I didn't like it. Also mentioned that ResMed is coming out with a new model in a few months but he thought availability might be delayed with the current conditions and supply chain disruptions etc. so he suggest we just go with the AirSense 10 now rather than wait.

You have no idea how big that piece of news is.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 491 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 124 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 844 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 217 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 657 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.