Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense "for her" for Him?
RE: Airsense "for her" for Him?
(07-03-2015, 04:22 PM)zonk Wrote: "for Her" model have an extra mode (AutoSet for Her)
ResMed conducted a small trial in Australia and found, there is not much difference between the two results
Read more http://www.resmed.com/content/dam/resmed...S_2014.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi rockncountry101,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
If the pretty flowers, go for the "For Her" model.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you start your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2015, 10:46 AM)rockncountry101 Wrote: I've got my mind made up to go with an Airsense 10 Autoset. However, even being male, wouldn't it make sense to go for the "for her" model. It records RERAs and it has that extra algorithm. What do you think? Has any guys out there used it?

We have both machines in the house, and I used the "for her" model one night when my spouse thought it might not be working properly (turned out to be an air leak in the mask fit).

The key differentiating feature is the pressure step algorithm. Since that didn't kick in until I was asleep, I couldn't tell the difference in practical use. It did show up on the graphical report to be ratcheting pressure down more slowly after a peak in pressure. Maybe if you are a light sleeper this might make a difference.

As others have noted, the software (sleepyhead, resscan) reports indicate both models we own do track RERAs (our purchase date was April 2015).

I want to say go ahead and buy the "for her" if it's the same price with more features and you are inclined to get it. When I had to make the choice back in April I bought the other model for myself and the "for her" for my spouse.

I don't feel strongly about it today and would probably make the same choice again. That is mostly because having our machines easily distinguished from each other (black box vs white box) is more important than the one technical feature that I didn't find very compelling for me. If there were other feature differences that mattered to me, I would not hesitate to buy "for her" for me.

Saldus Miegas

Post Reply Post Reply
I am a male and got the AirSense Autoset for her model in May as I was interested in RERA. As it turns out the unit I received reports RERA in both "his & her" modes. I am not seeing measurable differences between the two modes as far as AHI numbers. The first month I ran the unit in the for her mode and I am 3 weeks into the regular (for him) mode. I pulled some data off last week and there appears to be broader pressure increases in the for her mode i.e. pressure rises slower when the algorithm senses a need or more pressure. I don't know if this is real or not but I will look again after I have 30 days on the for him mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2015, 12:47 PM)DocWils Wrote: Do masks come hard bundled with devices? I always thought you could determine your own mask, no matter what device you buy.

My best guess would be that Switzerland is about as far from Arizona as you can get (although if you were here I would try to make you my sleep doc).

I think you can determine what you want. But when you are a noobie, it is common to just go with the DME suggestion. For me, the Swift FX and S9 came as a package from the DME. I had no input, although I guess if I had researched this ahead of time I might have been able to have a say.

But I have also seen posts right here about the XS,S,M thing, or I would not have even brought it up. Bottom line, get whatever machine you want, and then get whatever mask you want with it. Supposing that you know.

I would just like folks to not be surprised by the gotchas that I know about.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2015, 08:13 PM)TyroneShoes Wrote:
(07-03-2015, 12:47 PM)DocWils Wrote: Do masks come hard bundled with devices? I always thought you could determine your own mask, no matter what device you buy.

My best guess would be that Switzerland is about as far from Arizona as you can get (although if you were here I would try to make you my sleep doc).

Oh, that is very kind of you. Cheers mate, but I could not be your sleep doc - I am not board certified in that department. Also pretty sure I could not take the heat - we have had a heat wave of 36-38 C for the last week or so, and I am dying here - if I didn't have an AC in my flat, I don't think I could make it. Not sure I could survive the constant heat of Arizona, nor the dry air, although I am sure it would do wonders for my arthritis and tendinitis.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dry heat I could take. I don't think I would like to experience a haboob. I'm fine with hurricanes, tornadoes, water spouts (tornado over water), lightning, pigmy rattlers, scorpions, black and brown widows we have here in Florida but the thought of not being able to breath the air... oh wait... never mind.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an Autosense For Her and would highly recommend it.

I've used it in both modes, haven't noticed any difference in AHI, but I found myself waking up less/sleeping better using the For Her mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2015, 06:57 PM)macbob Wrote: I have an Autosense For Her and would highly recommend it.

I've used it in both modes, haven't noticed any difference in AHI, but I found myself waking up less/sleeping better using the For Her mode.
I assume pressure settings, humidity, EPR, Ramp are the same in both modes and number days used in each mode
Was there any difference in 95th percentile pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
you should get the "for her" for sure. and while you are at it, go ahead and get a airfit p10... you will sooner or later anyway Big Grin resistance is futile (paean to r_g)
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 617 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,626 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,489 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  DOWNLOADING DATA FROM AIRSENSE 10 to AIRSENSE 11 Sleepyguy39 1 1,115 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question [CPAP] Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11 sleepysurgeon 12 3,409 07-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Horseshoez
  Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now? dk2011 25 19,748 01-24-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.