Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense humidifier leak....:(
Airsense humidifier leak....:(
This morning when I removed the humidifier chamber from my machine, I discovered moisture inside the place where you place the humidifier.  I also noticed moisture on the nightstand around and underneath the cpap machine.  I had the humidity level set at 5 out of a possible 8.  I only fill the water tank to just below the "fill" line.  Can anyone think of what I did wrong or where to troubleshoot this problem?  My nightstand with the cpap machine is about level with my bed so I don't think it got disturbed during the night.  Is it possible the machine might leak somewhere internally?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense humidifier leak....:(
Leaks seem to be a common problem. Have you inspected the chamber for any cracks or the like? You might want to buy another water chamber...the cleanable model has a much longer design life (2+ years vs 6 months for the standard model). I am planning soon to buy a cleanable chamber as a backup.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Hiya

Its intriguing. How long have you had the humidifier chamber ?
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine is almost a year old in August 2018.  I bought it online from the supplier list on this forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
I forget who posted it fairly recently, but the humidifier tub where the metal joins the plastic was the weak spot. It caused random leaking.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh mine recently leaked too all over my new nightstand. Water sat there most of the night and sort of ruined part of the stand. I have to get my stand fixed now. Going to keep paper towels or something underneath mine for now.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2018, 08:13 PM)MyronH Wrote: Oh mine recently leaked too all over my new nightstand. Water sat there most of the night and sort of ruined part of the stand. I have to get my stand fixed now. Going to keep paper towels or something underneath mine for now.

Do you remember how long you've had your machine?  My nightstand is totally ruined.  I either have to keep paper towels under it or buy a new nightstand after I try to figure out what the heck I do to fix the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2018, 07:18 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I forget who posted it fairly recently, but the humidifier tub where the metal joins the plastic was the weak spot. It caused random leaking.

Coffee

Thank you my friend for posting this bit of information.  I was thinking that I'm going crazy to wake up to a nightstand that had water all over it.  Do you recall if there was a 'remedy' in the original post?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2018, 08:55 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 07:18 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I forget who posted it fairly recently, but the humidifier tub where the metal joins the plastic was the weak spot. It caused random leaking.

Coffee

Thank you my friend for posting this bit of information.  I was thinking that I'm going crazy to wake up to a nightstand that had water all over it.  Do you recall if there was a 'remedy' in the original post?

Welcome, and best I recall was to replace the tub. Clarification: the glue or whatever they use to join metal to plastic separated. I'd think it's non-fixable. Best wishes on tracking it down.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2018, 08:53 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 08:13 PM)MyronH Wrote: Oh mine recently leaked too all over my new nightstand. Water sat there most of the night and sort of ruined part of the stand. I have to get my stand fixed now. Going to keep paper towels or something underneath mine for now.

Do you remember how long you've had your machine?  My nightstand is totally ruined.  I either have to keep paper towels under it or buy a new nightstand after I try to figure out what the heck I do to fix the problem.

I had this water chamber since August 2017. So 7 months. I can't tell where it exactly is leaking, but I poured more water into it, and it slowly leaks from the bottom. I read somewhere they use plumbers putty to bind the plastic with the metal.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 233 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 140 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 149 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 758 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.