Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense10 dropped in full sink
Airsense10 dropped in full sink
Initially the machine would only post an error 011 message. According to the user's manual, it says that's an unrecoverable error. I'm stubborn. Last night, about 3 days after the failure of my device's effort to swim, it did not open that error message and allowed itself to power up. After awhile of it operating poorly, the output ebbing and flowing steadily, it evened out and  
I used it for a period of more than a little bit but not more than a couple hours. It then began showing the error 011 message again.

A few hours later and it ran again without the pressure surges.

Anyway, anyone have experience with water logged Airsense 10? I think I just need some encouragement ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense10 dropped in full sink
The best approach to saving anything with electronics is to let it dry completely before connecting power. Unfortunately you've already applied power. It may be too late but I suggest you open the case and and let it dry out thoroughly before trying to use it again. Good luck.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense10 dropped in full sink
It didn't cross my mind that a device that uses water, heats that water to create more condensation, would be susceptible to water. So, yeah that part is already history. After the wait I have taken already with a fan blowing on it, I received the results above. One result I did omit, it did occasionally display a major leak or big leak message and then would restart. There may not be anyone else with the handicapped hands combined with sleep apnea that ever got their device near a large sink tub of water...but if anyone similar exists and have experience, I'd love to hear their recollections. 3 days wasn't enough...is a week, a month, etc.

So, Melman, thank you, I truly appreciate the reply. Unfortunately, as you said, that ship sailed. After nearly 10 years selling lawn & garden equipment at Sears, I realize too well how the correct first question when a customer says my new mower won't start is, is there gas in the mower. A large number of folks will insist there is and when they aren't positive and you politely ask them to go check, about 10% casually hang up after about 5 minutes and a good portion come back saying, no idea how I overlooked that...

Sadly, with electronics, once is the all it takes to fry the gear....fortunately for me, this item didn't fade to black. Since it ran a couple hours okay...this seems to me to be a whole new water and electronics operation. I'm sure I'll have an answer in a week...my anxiety would feel much better if anyone can speak from experience on this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 324 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 661 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 17,052 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 758 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 447 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 512 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  Low o2 with full face mask Eabhainn 2 292 02-09-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ItsComplicated

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.