Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense10 for her vs Airsence 10 - any difference for breathing
Airsense10 for her vs Airsence 10 - any difference for breathing
Hi all,
Has anyone compared the Airsense 10 and Airsense 10 for her. Is the Airsense 10 for her softer in breathing in and out than the normal airsense 10 - less aggressive and smoother. or is it just better for treating apneas. Would it be okay for males to use it? Thanks
Cheers
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense10 for her vs Airsence 10 - any difference for breathing
I would like to know this also! I currently use an S8, but am considering an upgrade to the Airsense 10. I have issues with the firmware of older machines such as the S8 and other brands of the same vintage - they misinterpret my breathing and wildly ramp up the pressure on false pretenses. I have to keep the machine on CPAP mode to block that misbehaviour. It is possible the reason is due to a very light and long breath. Therefore I am wondering if the 'for her' mode could help me.

In addition I am wondering if the 'for her' machine is switchable between 'for her' mode and 'for him' mode?

The features are listed on one supplier page for the two versions differently, as follows:

For her:
Functional Features:

CPAP
AutoSet® for Her
AutoSet®
CSA/CSR and RERA Detection Capabilities
AutoRamp® with Sleep Onset Detection
Climate Control
Enhanced Climate Control Auto
Expiratory Pressure Relief (EPR®)
SmartStart
Built-in Wireless Connectivity
myAir®

For him:

CPAP
AutoSet®
CSA/CSR Detection Capabilities
AutoRamp® with Sleep Onset Detection
Climate Control
Enhanced Climate Control Auto
Expiratory Pressure Relief (EPR®)
SmartStart
Built-in Wireless Connectivity
myAir®

What is RERA detection, is it possible on the 'For him' model, and what is it relevant to?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the main difference is pink vs. blue headgear and the size of the cushions supplied with the mask (xs, s, m for her - s, m, l for him).

Remember when ResMed came out with the S-9 and the S-9 for Her? The only difference being a pink case?

[Oops - I thought we were talking the P10 mask - this is why they should have used S-10 instead of whatever Resmed marketing folks came up with for the name of the machine.]
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-01-2016, 08:02 AM)stephennic Wrote: Hi all,
Has anyone compared the Airsense 10 and Airsense 10 for her. Is the Airsense 10 for her softer in breathing in and out than the normal airsense 10 - less aggressive and smoother. or is it just better for treating apneas. Would it be okay for males to use it? Thanks
Cheers
Steve

stephennic,
The most informative place for information on the differences between the AirSense 10 for Her Algorithm and the AirSense 10 Standard algorithm is on YouTube.
Just type in the search box for A.S 10 for Her vs. A. 10 Standard Algorithm.

The AirSense 10 Auto For Her can be used in three modes: the standard Cpap mode, the standard Auto algorithm mode or the "for her" algorithm mode.

The "for her" algorithm detects flow limitations and RERAs and responds faster than the standard algorithm.

This doesn't mean that a male cannot use and benefit from the "for her" algorithm.
I believe that there are a few men here on the forum that use it, so hopefully they will respond.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an Airsense for Her. Yes, it is switchable between Cpap, Airsense and Airsense for Her (3 settings). Yes, men can use that setting (there is one male poster here who does and finds it more effective for him).

The Algorithm For Her responds a bit differently. It addresses events quicker, then maintains the rise longer by a more gradual drop in air pressure. I recall that the guy here who has it said it was much gentler for him and he slept better. I've used both settings and find them equally comfortable and both keep my AHI below 1. I just don't wake up as often due to pressure changes. If you are dithering, the price is the same, so get the For Her model. If you find you don't use that function, you aren't actually out any money and you don't have to constantly wonder - darn, I should have got that! I assume that since you are in Australia, you are going to buy from the US.

Note: the S9 For Her was just a marketing gimmick. There is no difference in the algorithms between the regular model and the For Her - just color.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 27 624 3 hours ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,110 Yesterday, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 127 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 141 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 487 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 229 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Difference between Vauto and S modes PeaceLoveAndPizza 9 980 02-20-2024, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.