Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense10 tear down.
Airsense10 tear down.

Hi everybody.

I found this article in the web. I followed the instruction and could do it as he said, with out problem.
Disclaimer:
-There is an easy way to do what he wanted, just change your setting to airplane mode and the machine won't broadcast anything.
-You are at your own risk. There is not warranty implicit about the procedure. If you break the machine, is your problem. If you got any doubts, better don't touch it.
-The article reflex his opinion, not mine.

Web article.

.Airsense10
A Torx T-10 screwdriver.
A plastic scribe(s) for prying the case apart. A credit card or other piece of thin, rigid plastic might substitute. If you are willing to risk causing some damage to the case, a flathead screwdriver could be used instead.

Start by unplugging the Airsense 10 and removing the water tank and hose.

Remove the shiny black front bezel by grasping it at the top and gently prying it off. Fingernails should be sufficient.

Remove the two exposed T-10 screws on the front of the Airsense 10.

On the bottom of the Airsense 10, there are eight screws. Remove only the two screws at the very back of the CPAP, about 3/4" up the side.

On the lower front of the machine gently pry the upper housing FORWARD - there are several clips that run horizontally back into the machine.

On the lower back of the CPAP gently pry the upper housing up and out. Take your time.

Remove the upper housing from the machine.

On the circuit board on the front of the machine, find the SD card cage on the left. Just below it, find a small black connector labelled J302 with four white wires running to it. You want to disconnect this gently. I suggest putting something smooth and flat under ALL of the wires and gently lifting up. It should disconnected very easily with almost no force.

You're almost done.

I suggesting testing the machine before reassembling it. Plug it in, make sure it runs. Under the "Options" menu, select "About". You should see blanks in the modem fields.

Put the top cover back on. Proceed gently. You will need to press in on the front edge. Reinstall two screws in the front and two on the bottom. Replace the front bezel.

You're done.

P.S. to anyone from ResMed reading this: some of us do not consent to having our sleep data shared with you. I was very tempted to have my DME supplier swap out this ResMed device for another vendor's CPAP. I suggest that your future machines have an easy option to disable the modem and leave it disabled. Perhaps the modem could be an easily-removable add-on, as with the S9. Or perhaps you could have a hardware disable switch hidden inside one of the side panels.

(I will try to post pictures later.)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense10 tear down.
By disabling your modem, you are also removing the opportunity for the vendor to upgrade or patch their on-board software. I could understand disabling the cellular connection if you were experiencing some form of electronic interference or had some sensitivity to the emitted signal, but what further purpose does disabling your connection serve? It is my understanding that the data sent is limited and is mostly used for compliance. Is this simply paranoia in the privacy age or should I too consider killing the connection?
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moving From RM S9 to Airsense10 -- Great Discomfort hypnos 3 435 11-10-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Fixing AirSense10 Air Noise BNB1023 6 2,317 11-01-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  Is there any reason to buy the AirSense 11 when the AirSense10 is still available (an snorin2 4 701 07-27-2023, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  AirSense10 showing fraction of time Choosie Soosie 0 496 06-16-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Choosie Soosie
  Airsense10 dropped in full sink shinnstoneer 2 568 01-04-2023, 10:07 PM
Last Post: shinnstoneer
  Airsense11 compare to Airsense10? Dolla Bill 4 1,014 01-28-2022, 06:02 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Moved to ResMed AirSense10 Auto from Dreamstation SleepyOzzy 1 747 09-29-2021, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Melman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.