Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airtouch f20 tearing after a few days
RE: Airtouch f20 tearing after a few days
That's interesting that it's supposed to fit higher (above the nose).  I will try that and see if that helps.  I'm getting the same issue with the foam splitting around the bridge of the nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had this exact same issue many times.  Love the seal and no leaks so both me and my wife love it, but it tears at the top center just like you said.  Sometimes it tears in about 2 months.  Other times it tears in a couple of days.  Even if it doesn't tear the next morning, I can see the indent where it eventually tears later.  Tearing after a couple days has happened to me at least 5 times over the last 6 months.  I am planning to call the medical equipment pharmacy on Monday to see if they have a solution.  Decided to Google the issue today to see if anyone else has this problem which took me to this site.  Hope there is an answer.  I can't use any other one because they leak  waking me and my wife up with a end result of a terrible night's sleep for the both of us.  If there is no answer, I will have to change to a nasal only solution.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve had issues with tearing too . Solution is to wear it higher above nose.
It is the most comfortable FFM I have worn with minimal leaks though
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I'm another with tearing issues. I'm still on my first F20 cushion which tore at the usual spot after a couple of weeks. However the mask still fits and is comfortable (and doesn't leak) despite the tear. I think we need to take great care in cleaning these things, using a wipe gently but thoroughly - a hard combination to achieve.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't had any problems yet, almost 2 months on mine. I do clean it very thoroughly daily with a wipe, and then dry it with a facial tissue. The foam is still soft and flexible with no sign of tears yet. The fit chart showed I was between a medium and large. So I started with a large size, but it was too high on my nose. I now have a medium and it fits much better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Yankees123 - did wearing a bigger size resolve tearing for you also?
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been curious about the AirTouch F20. Thought about trying one, but all the tearing issues kind of put me off. Think I'll just stick with the silicone.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm only on my second F20 Airtouch cushion. The first one lasted 5 months. I just wipe it down each day with a CPAP cleaning wipe.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2020, 06:20 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I've been curious about the AirTouch F20. Thought about trying one, but all the tearing issues kind of put me off. Think I'll just stick with the silicone.  Eat-popcorn

If silicone is working with you, stick with that!  

I can't get silicone to stay sealed on me for a full night, so memory foam is my only shot at success with a FFM.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found that wearing fo me the large size was better as far as less leaks.  Also yes you have to wear it on the high side
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 604 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 167 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 424 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 342 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 420 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 463 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 338 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.