Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airway and diagnosis
RE: Airway and diagnosis
(08-01-2015, 08:55 PM)Paula McCabe Wrote: I have to also consider the risk to my health from not having the surgery, which are mounting.

Perhaps it would be helpful if you talk about the health risks that are mounting. They may very well be related to SA and that tweaking your machine settings, better sleep hygiene, take control over your fragmented sleep, etc. could resolve or improve a lot of those issues. The best we can do is make suggestions on what you can do to improve the use of your machine to treat SA and then you have to decide what your course of action will be. Whatever you decide, I hope that it is successful.
Post Reply Post Reply
Paula, your BiPAP won't hurt your, and it can potentially make you feel MUCH better. The secret to solving your UARS problem is "pressure support" which your (and my) machine does very nicely. Without changing much of anything at all except the minimum pressure support, I believe you will sleep well and comfortably. Pressure support will provide an increase of pressure while you inhale to overcome your airway resistance, and when you exhale, it will relieve the pressure. It will seem very natural and comfortable assuming you do it right. It would be great if you could see the difference by using Sleepyhead data, but it's not the end of the world if you don't use that, because you should feel the difference, and that's all that matters.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2015, 08:00 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Paula, your BiPAP won't hurt your, and it can potentially make you feel MUCH better. The secret to solving your UARS problem is "pressure support" which your (and my) machine does very nicely. Without changing much of anything at all except the minimum pressure support, I believe you will sleep well and comfortably. Pressure support will provide an increase of pressure while you inhale to overcome your airway resistance, and when you exhale, it will relieve the pressure. It will seem very natural and comfortable assuming you do it right. It would be great if you could see the difference by using Sleepyhead data, but it's not the end of the world if you don't use that, because you should feel the difference, and that's all that matters.

Thank you. I know I've worked with the pressure before. The doctor turned it up and I couldn't tolerate it so then he turned it back down. He is my PCP and I don't know if knows much about the machine. The techs won't change it without doctor's orders and I won't try it because I don't know what I'm doing. Is there somebody who can coach me on this, like someone at a sleep clinic, etc.?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2015, 05:44 AM)me50 Wrote:
(08-01-2015, 08:55 PM)Paula McCabe Wrote: I have to also consider the risk to my health from not having the surgery, which are mounting.

Perhaps it would be helpful if you talk about the health risks that are mounting. They may very well be related to SA and that tweaking your machine settings, better sleep hygiene, take control over your fragmented sleep, etc. could resolve or improve a lot of those issues. The best we can do is make suggestions on what you can do to improve the use of your machine to treat SA and then you have to decide what your course of action will be. Whatever you decide, I hope that it is successful.

HBP, adema, PVCs plus many symptoms.

I been messaging Sleeprider and going to try to work with him for a solution. It's too much to try to work with everyone.

Thank you, Paula
Post Reply Post Reply
Good choice, Paula. You will get excellent coaching that way without all the noise.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2015, 02:18 PM)DariaVader Wrote: Good choice, Paula. You will get excellent coaching that way without all the noise.

Like!

Grouphug3

Thanks everyone!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2015, 04:18 PM)Paula McCabe Wrote:
(08-02-2015, 02:18 PM)DariaVader Wrote: Good choice, Paula. You will get excellent coaching that way without all the noise.

Like!

Grouphug3

Thanks everyone!

Like 2 Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Like 3.

Like all the advice, but the reception is limited due to how confusing this all is to someone who "doesn't know what they don't know". Investing so much toward a single direction makes you pretty hesitant to shift to another. Hope you find your ability to take health choices into your own (likely very capable) hands, regardless how non-techy you may be. When the "light comes on", you'll look back in amazement.

Your best health is my earnest desire.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there anyone who is good with computers who can help me with SleepyHead? I've been trying for a week to download it and read my SD card and something is wrong. At first, the problem appeared to be that my SH needed updated since it would not read any data on the SD card after July of 2014 (although I was able to read recent data with Sleepmapper but, it gives me bare bones info). Then it appeared that I since I changed my user name on my PC, I am have 2 users and maybe SH somehow was under the old user name and the update would not take place. I kept on trying and uninstalled and manually deleted files and now I am missing drivers and everything is a mess. I think I am going to have screen share and/or fix it over the phone.

Post Reply Post Reply
Go to the Sleepyhead folder (probably on your C: drive) and double-click the Sleepyhead-brokenGL.exe file. Does the program start?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 191 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  New to Diagnosis. Looking for advice and have concerns re: my data bitteroblivion 4 163 04-04-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 24 3,687 04-04-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: godiego
Question [CPAP] Clear Airway/Central AI? mattymast 3 176 03-30-2024, 09:43 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,540 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 253 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 178 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.