Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Alarmed HR monitors
Alarmed HR monitors

I've been going pretty well, but the more I get used to the mask. The less I'm waking up when it's leaking, as a result I may as well not be using the mask and I'm getting regular conjunctivitis and full sinus'

I was considering using a HR monitor with a settable alarm, so when I do have an event and my HR raises. The alarm will go off, wake me up. I can re-adjust my mask and actually get a restfull sleep.

I've tried searching but with little success, crazy, stupid, or workable? Ideally I'd like one of the new fandagled wrist based watches rather than the traditional chest straps.

Secondly. Has anyone had any success with the pillows that have cut-outs as another potential way to stop me knocking the mask. Unfortunately a nose pillow doesn't work for me for several reasons.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Alarmed HR monitors
The CMS50D Pulse Oximeter ($30-$40) has alarms for both HR and O2 levels. You just wear it on your finger. I've worn it several times without falling off. It also records so you can see a plot of the HR and O2.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2015, 07:28 AM)Jimsp1 Wrote: The CMS50D Pulse Oximeter ($30-$40) has alarms for both HR and O2 levels. You just wear it on your finger. I've worn it several times without falling off. It also records so you can see a plot of the HR and O2.

The CMS-50D does NOT record. You have to get the CMS-50D+ to get the record function. Note the Plus sign at the end.

You might find the D+ model for $30-40, but it's usually a higher price.

The instructions say not to wear it overnight, but many people do. I'm not sure about wearing it every night vs. a single night.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi drakkar,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the 2hr limit is directed more towards those with circulation issues.
I know in my last few hospital stays I had an oximeter on my finger for the duration.
I'm new to this but I found that the pluse-oximeter adds useful information especially since the available software for my CPAP machine only gives me summary information. Like most I had trouble adapting to the CPAP machine but after 3 weeks of trying I'm finally sleeping well and the last 2 days woke up for the first time not in a fog. Although I haven't used it every night, the last two nights the oximeter summary showed far fewer events than any of the other nights I used it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks that gives me a google term.

I think I'm leaving towards a more sports orientated watch that I can use for cycling and running to.

And after 3 weeks I w had great compliance. Was sleeping lightly enough that if u had a leak I would wake up enough to adjust it. More at 6+ months I'm sleeping like a log again, getting maybe 4 hours max worth and leak around the 100l/s. Sleepyhead shows that I get maybe an hour with good compliance.

Last night was the best in a long time, with the machine showing 7 hours and 64l/s my puffy eyes say it was a leak and not a removal.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep apnea monitors without cPAP LVH115 14 957 01-17-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  O2/oximeter monitors CZOscar 13 3,566 04-23-2020, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
Thumbsup 4 New Apnea Board Monitors now on staff! SuperSleeper 33 3,951 09-16-2019, 09:15 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Thumbsup 4 New Monitors now on staff SuperSleeper 28 4,630 11-18-2017, 12:09 AM
Last Post: Sheepish
Thumbsup 5 new Apnea Board Monitors now on staff ! SuperSleeper 14 4,542 09-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Barbz
Rainbow 3 New Apnea Board Monitors now on staff SuperSleeper 20 6,760 07-12-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Should I be alarmed that oxygen drops very low while sleeping? Emilo 21 8,917 12-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Last Post: elliott2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.