Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Alarmingly High AHIs from sleep study
Congrats.  Recovery does take time, it just keeps getting better.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would be interested to see what your blood test show in your Red, Hematocrits and hemoglobin. As you body seeks homeostasis, these numbers could go up (above normal). Similar to people living at high altitudes.

This is what I am dealing with. basically your blood gets a little thicker and stickier... Docs don't like it... Stroke stuff...

If they are high, just give blood (whole) and that'll get it down.

I recently went back on my CPAP after finding this forum ( a friend pointed it out to me) and I started to adjust things on my own for more comfort. Hopefully, combined with CPAP, giving blood, I can get my levels back into place and also have some body healing from years of bad sleep and not breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happens in a titration sleep study? HalfAsleep 8 165 Yesterday, 03:07 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  High AHI after switching from Wisp mask to Nuance Pro? tomkatt 7 156 08-15-2017, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tomkatt
Video [Pressure] Pressure seems too high, out of control gailtilt 8 325 08-14-2017, 09:30 PM
Last Post: bluemom51
  Please Help with AHIs Too High/Bad Insomnia bluemom51 17 1,999 08-14-2017, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Dawnstar
  Second Sleep Study - Questions to ask Doctor Zandor435 9 447 08-13-2017, 12:12 AM
Last Post: SideSleeper
Question AHIs Dreamless 41 2,035 08-07-2017, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Dreamless
  My AHI numbers are high (Sleepy Head) mraroid 36 992 08-01-2017, 09:23 AM
Last Post: mraroid