Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Alarms on machines for the deaf
Alarms on machines for the deaf

I have a suggestion for all machines. I am mostly deaf. There is not a machine alarm made unless it has a siren that is going to wake me up.
The alarm system on any and all machines could easily have a port for a vibrating bedshaker device like alarm clocks for the deaf have.

It would be of minor cost in volume manufacture and be of great help to the sleep disturb deaf and hard of hearing population out there.

Thank you, goodonya
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Alarms on machines for the deaf
And it wouldn't awaken the entire household and start the dog barking!
Post Reply Post Reply
Never going to happen. It would mean businesses communicating with each other and developing a standard they can all agree to.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
And, in my experience at least, they are not receptive to unsolicited suggestions on how to improve their products.
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
The bedshaker works amazingly well. These breathing machines in any advanced machine reliant reality but the present one would include a standard digital alarm clock with a bedshaker port and bedshaker.

Accomodation for the hard of hearing and deaf is far behind where it should be. I have several bedshaker alarm clocks and they work really well. No matter what depth of sleep you are in they wake you up.
The American Disability Act is a parallel I have heard to similar in nations belonging to the British Commonwealth.

How can it possibly be that since the early mid 1990's - two decades of constant innovation and advancement that something as simple as this has been left out? A machine alarm for a population of people who include a wide range of disabilities that does not include a bedshaker port is unconscionable. This oversight needs to be addressed immediately.

As a deaf person well into the second decade of the 21st century I demand that this be implemented immediately. For the cost of these machines and the population they are designed for this should be a standard option. I am not militant at all just determined. I know I am right.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 678 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  are these centrals or false alarms? AZAwake 4 409 02-02-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
  Trilogy evo alarms Laurk 6 513 01-05-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 501 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 596 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines britincanada 505 83,179 11-12-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.