Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Alcohol & APNEA
RE: Alcohol & APNEA
Alcohol does affect sleep apnea, but don't take too much stock in one night I drink and my AHI rose so it must be alcohol. One night doesn't really tell the story.

I been noting in sleepyhead the nights I had been drinking a bit (never really get hammered anymore) and it is mixed sometimes it's higher sometimes lower.

What I did notice is that when I drink I stay in one position longer, sometimes all night. Which without I am usually going from stomach to side to side through the night which has the biggest affect on AHI. So when I drink I stay in one position all night and if I fall asleep on my stomach my AHI goes down as apposed to my back it goes way up.

Just some observations.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Alcohol & APNEA
(04-22-2014, 07:31 PM)SnuffySleeper Wrote: What I did notice is that when I drink I stay in one position longer, sometimes all night. Which without I am usually going from stomach to side to side through the night which has the biggest affect on AHI. So when I drink I stay in one position all night and if I fall asleep on my stomach my AHI goes down as apposed to my back it goes way up.
You're onto something there. On the exceptionally bad night I reported, I distinctly remember being on my back a lot more than usual. All the same, for APNEA and other reasons, I'm sticking with a single glass at five pm. I'm headed for the kitchen to look for a bigger glass.Thinking-about

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 6 453 03-10-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Central Apnea or Obstructive Apnea GoodSleepHunting 0 1,003 03-01-2023, 11:15 AM
Last Post: GoodSleepHunting
  Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea? Dumdi 22 3,371 08-02-2022, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Dumdi
  Apnea mystery: Cycles of normal, healthy sleep and apnea 'flare-up' periods lazysunday 9 1,572 12-17-2021, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Zackio
  Apnea statistics question, how tightly controlled is your apnea? happydreams 24 2,831 06-13-2021, 04:38 AM
Last Post: ICEMAN
  New to Sleep Apnea (central Apnea) cyipher 17 1,879 05-18-2021, 10:52 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] USING WINTERGREEN ALCOHOL FOR CLEANING/FRAGRANCE CPAPSC 2 744 03-09-2021, 01:21 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.