Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Alcohol
RE: Alcohol
I'm getting my house fumigated tomorrow for termites. I had to go through all the cupboards, pull out any food or drink that had been opened and either move it out of the house, discard it, or put it in special gas-proof bags. I found a bottle of vodka, a bottle of Meyers Rum and a bottle of Kalua. They had been there for years. It all went down the drain. These days, I'd rather have a plain iced tea. I must have gotten old when I wasn't looking.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gosh Jim, you're missing out on a dash of Kalua on coffee ice cream.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yum!

Even better? Bailey's Salted Carmel in my coffee every morning. Now I'm spoiled and can't drink coffee without it. And its $20 a bottle, which lasts about a month. But it is often the best moment of the day, and the first words out of my mouth are often just after that first sip (Oh, Mommy!). Hey! It's medicinal!

Alcohol is a CNS depressant, and is does not mix well with sleep for a number of reasons. Maybe avoid it within a couple of hours of sleep time, just like I avoid sugar then. If you are going to drink like a fish, do it in the other hours of the day, maybe.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] USING WINTERGREEN ALCOHOL FOR CLEANING/FRAGRANCE CPAPSC 2 744 03-09-2021, 01:21 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Alcohol IMPROVES my sleep apnea? hagrock 10 2,491 10-18-2020, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Alcohol and Sleep dolppl 10 1,665 05-09-2020, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Alcohol and AHI ppca 3 1,236 05-08-2019, 11:00 AM
Last Post: ppca
  Alcohol and Lower AHI tiredPerson 12 3,644 08-18-2018, 04:46 AM
Last Post: Apnea Infant
  Alcohol and AHI Ockrocket 8 2,039 06-20-2018, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Therapy Questions [high AHI, smoker, drink alcohol] Tosh78 30 4,493 05-10-2018, 10:32 PM
Last Post: scroydon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.