Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Alcoholic drinks and sleep quality
RE: Alcoholic drinks and sleep quality
I stopped alcohol completely because it made me feel really bad before using cpap.
Probably made untreated apnea much worse.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ohmy 
(12-14-2017, 10:42 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: We may end up with a Apnea Board AA Chapter here if this continues.

Haha, yeah, I'm sorry for opening this can of worms!  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2017, 08:06 PM)Fedman Wrote: I'm not a big drinker and I rarely have more than a beer or 2 on the odd night when I indulge.  When I do, my AHI is almost always lower which I find surprising. I was wondering if I was the only one.   I'm fortunate that my average AHI is low around 0.5.  When I have a evening drink, my AHI dips to 0.1 and even zero.  Maybe I should increase my consumption!

My Ahi hovers between 2.5 and 4, but on nights I have a drink it goes down to 1.5 or so. I don't think it has ever gone that low without it. It's interesting to see that others have experienced this too... We might be onto something here  Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
Dratts! That means when I had a sleep study that my symptoms were not as bad as they could have been.
I had at least two pints before I went in for the Sleep Study Big Grin oh and I had a whisky as well Thinking-about 
Oh well, it was bad enough as it was Unsure 

Rehab will open soon for all us Alcoholics.
Walla Walla will take names so join the list.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2017, 10:42 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: We may end up with a Apnea Board AA Chapter here if this continues.

Or social club!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2017, 11:49 AM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: Rehab will open soon for all us Alcoholics.

Rehab?  I was going to ask my doctor to declare it "medically necessary"!  I wonder if insurance would cover it then...
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Apnea girl,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy, and ENJOY your slumber.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2017, 07:45 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Apnea girl,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy, and ENJOY your slumber.!

Thank you! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Yesterday afternoon I had a few Rum balls (loaded with Rum) and 2 standard Jim Beam Black Label Bourbons & coke, I slept like a baby and my AHI changed by about .4.
The 2 bourbons would be my first alcoholic drink in about 3 months, I don't drink very much or very often these days, the body just doesn't tolerate being abused anymore.  Grin
Pedro
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi subyroo,
I hear you on that one, (Ha-Ha,)

My body lets me know pretty quick if I've done something it doesn't like.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Poor Sleep Quality/ Respiratory Rates flyingg103 3 248 02-29-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Poor sleep quality and how it affects you p123 6 870 02-01-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: glenncol
  Poor sleep quality because of CA events? Hypoxic 20 1,209 12-20-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 8 624 12-19-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Diagnosis] Excellent AHI, poor sleep quality --> palatal prolapse? aquamike 5 852 12-18-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.