Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Alcoholic drinks and sleep quality
RE: Alcoholic drinks and sleep quality
I just got acquainted with Hibiki Whisky from Suntory so have been hitting the stuff this past week. Never had whisky or whiskey b/f that except brandy Shock-2 . Anyway, either one, the AHI numbers seem lower compared to the night without a shot. Used to be that when I was drinking wine, the readings would go up. Maybe I had much more intake of wine (though lower alcohol/ml) compared to a glass of whisky, so past a certain limit, everything goes super relax and the numbers go up.

Still trying to figure it out but I'm probably more worried for my liver than sleep apnea thanks to the machine.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
interesting topic for most users here are reporting improvements on AHI with alcohol. I never tested systematically, I usually drink not much alcohol but whenever I had a drink or two in the evening, the AHI would usually double or triple to 5 or 6 as expected - about the same as having late dinner.
Funny to see that many others seem to have the opposite effect.
The events would usually be CA, PB (CS) and also snoring
Post Reply Post Reply
Classic case of wishful thinking!!! ...but I'm in!
Began APAP 11/28/17
Post Reply Post Reply
Classic case of group delusion and wishful thinking!! ...but I'm in>
Began APAP 11/28/17
Post Reply Post Reply
It's Christmas, so here's a jolly good opportunity to test the various theories out!
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad I found this thread!  I have noticed the same thing and could not understand it...
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
I have thought this was the case for a couple of years now, but thought others wouldn't take it seriously.  Looks like it may be real.

Of course going over the top and getting sloppy has the opposite effect.   Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 160 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Poor Sleep Quality/ Respiratory Rates flyingg103 3 246 02-29-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 203 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Poor sleep quality and how it affects you p123 6 870 02-01-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: glenncol
  Poor sleep quality because of CA events? Hypoxic 20 1,209 12-20-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 8 621 12-19-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Diagnosis] Excellent AHI, poor sleep quality --> palatal prolapse? aquamike 5 852 12-18-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.