Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Algorithm with how airsense 10 with EPR of 3 adjust pressure compared to a Vauto?
RE: Algorithm with how airsense 10 with EPR of 3 adjust pressure compared to a Vauto?
(12-12-2018, 09:11 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(12-12-2018, 04:08 AM)crowtor Wrote: EPR is crap, its sluggish and too short, On VAuto with Ti control and trigger, the same pressure settings could be matched to someones natural rhythm.

You have both machines.  Compare the mask pressure wave form and convince me they are different.

I don't think they're different with same settings, but with EPR it is what you get, if your natural rhythm isnt similar to the EPRs innate settings, it will only get into the way. So the difference isnt in the algorithm at the same settings, but its in the ability to modify settings that Autoset 10 doesn't let you modify.

For me EPR didn't let me breathe in enough and would cut off before I could breathe out.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Algorithm with how airsense 10 with EPR of 3 adjust pressure compared to a Vauto?
(12-12-2018, 12:54 PM)crowtor Wrote:
(12-12-2018, 09:11 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(12-12-2018, 04:08 AM)crowtor Wrote: EPR is crap, its sluggish and too short, On VAuto with Ti control and trigger, the same pressure settings could be matched to someones natural rhythm.

You have both machines.  Compare the mask pressure wave form and convince me they are different.

I don't think they're different with same settings, but with EPR it is what you get, if your natural rhythm isnt similar to the EPRs innate settings, it will only get into the way. So the difference isnt in the algorithm at the same settings, but its in the ability to modify settings that Autoset 10 doesn't let you modify.

For me EPR didn't let me breathe in enough and would cut off before I could breathe out.

I can agree with that and would not be happy downgrading from Vauto to Autoset.  That said, in my case with PS 4.0 it's hard to argue medical necessity if push comes to shove with Medicare in the future.  I just transitioned from private insurance last month.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going to do a little experiment with the airsense 10 and aircurve vuato and compare the results with similar settings. First I want to get a best settings with the airsense 10 so can someone review the screenshots and tell me what you think needs tweaking on the settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
The posted charts from the Autoset with 11-14, EPR 3 look as good as it gets. Obvious flow limits that higher pressure support I. the Aircurve could resolve with higher PS, i.e 8-14 PS 4+. Those settings at PS 3.0 should be very close or identical to the Autoset.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
1.With a pressure support of 4 on the vauto (14/8), do you think that will make the flow curve more rounded instead of the flattening at the top as it shows on the airsense 10?

2.Do you see any issue with the inspiration and experation time being so close?

3. What do you think the default built in trigger and cycle settings are for the airsense 10 (such as medium, high, very high)

4. Last question lol. What would you recommend as the tmin, tmax, and cycle be set to on the vauto with my breathing pattern and inspiration and exp. Times.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Default trigger/cycle is medium, and I would leave it there. I think you need Ti min 0.3 and Ti max 2.2. Defaults are .3 and 1.8 I think. PS 4.0 is a good start, and we can look again once you have data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thanks. As far as my trigger and cycle question, I was referring to the trigger and cycle setting on the airsense 10 (I know there is no option to change this on the airsense.) I was just asking what do you think the built in trigger and cycle is for th airsense.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't imagine it would be anything but medium, but your guess is as good as mine since Resmed does not document trigger or cycle on the CPAP models. Download the titration guide and take a look at how Resmed recommends changing these settings for different conditions. https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...er_eng.pdf.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sleeprider!!! I will continue a few more nights with my Airsense and then try the same settings on the vauto and post and compare the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is another night of sleep with my airsense 10. My problem in general with any of my machines including the vauto, and aircurve asv is that I can never get 8 hours worth of sleep. I'm always waking up prematurely whether it's to use the bathroom or just flat out wake up. Any ideas of what's waking me up and setting changes recommendation? I posted screenshots of when i break therapy as well to see  if anyone can see why i wake up.

I have to post my night of sleep in 2 separate posts due to size reasonings. This was supposed ti be an experiment but is now turning into my own sleeping issues lol
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 861 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 570 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 472 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 89 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 142 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 731 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.