Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Open Full Face Masks like Amara View
RE: Open Full Face Masks like Amara View
Your avatar seems to show that you have a beard. I have a small, closely-cropped beard too. I find that I have to keep the hairs either really short (as in 'shadow length'), or long enough that the mask can flatten them against my skin, in order to avoid beard-induced leaks.

I also find that having my straps loose(ish) works best, combined with a technique where I use my pillow to keep the mask in place when sleeping on my side, as I usually do. If I lie on my back with straps this loose, I get leaks. Tightening the straps any more however, causes leaks because I'm compressing the 'hovercraft' seal too much and it can't conform to my face.

I use the Resmed Quattro FX, having tried just one other, the Resmed Airfit F20, which didn't work so well for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Open Full Face Masks like Amara View
The only FFM I can get to stay sealed all night is the memory foam version of the F20.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 530 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,082 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,616 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 357 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 352 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 703 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 402 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.