Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

All OSCAR 1.0.0 Users
All OSCAR 1.0.0 Users
The development team has found a small problem that is very easy to fix.  The option "Multi-Threading" is on by default and will cause OSCAR to crash under certain circumstances.  To correct this problem, go to File -> Preferences -> General Tab and deselect the Multi-threading option.  A corrected version of OSCAR (v1.0.1) is in the pipeline as of this post.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: All OSCAR 1.0.0 Users
I could be missing something, but isn't the problem that OSCAR crashes upon startup?    If so, they can't get into the program to turn Multi-threading off...

That's why DeepBreathing posted this temporary fix:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid293476

But all this may be moot soon when Fred uploads v1.0.1 to the OSCAR Download page...  then folks can simply install v1.0.1

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I imagine you folks have already batted it around but just in case: if it's true that OSCAR migrates settings with data, can the OSCAR crashes be avoided by turning off multithreading and preload summaries in SH before migrating? no need to reply; obviously I don't know what goes on behind the scenes so I could be way out in left field. and it sounds like the fix is just around the corner. just thought I'd toss that out there fwiw.
Post Reply Post Reply
If a user hasn't selected to load Summaries at startup, they won't experience any problem.  They will be able to change multi-thread option and avoid any future problem.

On a side note; OSCAR seems to run faster after tuning off the multi-threading.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
The fix is to disable multithreading. We may bring it back later but it will go in when I get home in about 4 hrs by midnight EDT.
You will need to do and reinstall v1.01.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know whether I should have posted this in the beta testers area, software forum or here.

fyi. my install hung on preloading summaries and now the program seems okay after turning that off. based on this most recent advice I turned off multithreading and then turned preload summaries back on. no crash on restart and again it looks like the program is running okay.

so now my question is: if I have to uninstall and install r-3 or 1.0.1 or whatever the latest will be, will I be able to download data from the sd card instead of migrate? I would still like to have apap and asv data in separate profiles but accidentally merged a lot of the data in SH and don't know how to easily delete 100's of days from a profile.

another way to ask this: did the 12/31/69 problem get fixed since beta-9?
Post Reply Post Reply
sheepless Wrote:... if it's true that OSCAR migrates settings with data, can the OSCAR crashes be avoided by turning off multithreading and preload summaries in SH before migrating?

Yes, that will work if you haven't already migrated your SleepyHead data. Otherwise, as Fred said, wait till tonight and a revised version 1.0.1 will contain a fix.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR version 1.0.1 is now available from the OSCAR download page (link at the top of every forum page).

A note on the download page from Fred Bonjour:

Quote:Why a patch on Day 1? We inherited an issue from SleepyHead v1.1.0 where the code was not managing resources correctly for multithreading.
This patch simply turns off multithreading, at least until the root cause is specifically identified. Then it will be evaluated as to whether to add it back in or not.

OSCAR v1.0.1 may be installed directly over OSCAR v1.0.0
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
because I had preload summaries turned off I wasn't having the problem. since then I turned multi threading off and turned preload summaries on. two questions:

since I've already turned multi threading off, is there any reason to install 1.0.1?

has the 12/31/69 problem been addressed or are we still unable to initially transfer data by downloading from sd card?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Viatom 02 Ring users take note Cuppa 7 775 03-07-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  macOS Ventura users please read Jeff8356 0 579 11-25-2022, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  A Quick Question for Viatom/Wellue O2Ring Users Crimson Nape 4 1,202 05-25-2021, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyHead -Deleting Users? zzzZorro 3 1,285 06-22-2018, 07:16 PM
Last Post: zzzZorro
Gross 2 users' data merged in Sleepyhead - How to Separate? Hydrangea 17 3,436 02-27-2018, 07:21 PM
Last Post: ShaunBlake
  Any CMS50I users ? djrem3000 6 2,163 07-28-2017, 05:36 AM
Last Post: ThrownOutTheAsylum
  Dreamstation Users: Need your data Sleeprider 23 6,004 03-01-2016, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Zouk1972

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.