Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

All Obstructives?
All Obstructives?
[attachment=908]Are the last 2 Ca's?
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: All Obstructives?
Yes, SleepyHead calls them clear airway events but they're probably centrals. If you only have a few widely spaced CA events I wouldn't worry about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
My guess is that they're all OAs. And they might be REM related. This (short) cluster happens about 2.5-3 hours after you turned the machine on AND length of the cluster is only about 5 minutes, which is not horribly out of line with the length of an "early night" REM cycle. REM cycles tend to grow in length as the night progresses, and this may just be a short second REM cycle.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
During the time period from 1.16 to 1.20, the machine steadily increase pressure from 13 to 18 within 4 minutes (approx)
To prevent pressure induced central apnea, the AutoSet does not respond to central apnea by pressure increase
ResMed say the AutoSet increase pressure in response to snoring, FL, and apnea (obstructive, not central) also the pressure increase will not treat the apnea that been detected but to prevent further apnea events, in this case pressure kept increasing

The machine correctly flagged them as OA
Post Reply Post Reply
All the events in the cluster are OA. The last two (at 02:50 and 05:00) are centrals.
Post Reply Post Reply
Now I am really confused
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can centrals be marked as obstructives occasionally? drmaestro 2 763 07-04-2020, 01:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Spike in Obstructives - Potential Causes? bonesmurones 5 1,492 06-11-2017, 03:44 PM
Last Post: bonesmurones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.