Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

All new to me
All new to me
Hi everybody
My name is Hudson and i am from Manchester England, i am a chronic asthmatic and when i was asleep when a nurse came to visit she said she wanted me to have a sleep test and the very next day a Dr came to my home and fitted 2 machines and went and came back early next day for them, i got a phone call 4hrs later to say ive got severe obstructive sleep apnea syndrome which ive never heard of before and i was having 68 episodes per hour, and sait he will be visiting me within the hour which i thought was a bit strange but said okay, he came with a case with a machine mask tubes and i started it the same night, still having a fee teething problems but getting better my episodes are starting to drop, i will list my set up incase theres anything i am missing or should try
resmed airsense 10 with the 
HumidAir Humidifier Water Chamber 
resmed climatelineair heated tube 
ResMed Mirage Quattro Full face mask 
Inline Outlet allergy Filter and allergy filter pad
tube cover and mask pads for more comfort
CPAP Cleaner Sanitizer unit And pipe cleaners
And thats i dont think i have left anything out, so any tips or tricks would be more than welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: All new to me
It sounds like you are in good hands, and received the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset with all the 'fix'ins'. The unusual item is the outlet allergy filter, which I assume is due to allergies and asthma. Keep an eye on the filter because it is in a moist, warm airstream and is prone to mildew and blockage, and requires a setting on your machine settings. The biggest thing you can do is to download and install the free Oscar program, which will provide much more detail and information than MyAir https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR We encourage new users to use the data in Oscar to optimize the pressure on their machines, especially if you have been set to a wide-open default pressure of 4-20. Good luck with your therapy, and consider posting some charts if you want to learn more. Tutorial links are in my signature for organizing charts and posting attachments.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Trustf1!  -  Welcome

You have a very good CPAP.  To better understand your apnea and how your AS10 is treating it, I recommend that you, 1. Have or get an SD card 2 -32Gb in size, to insert in the AS10 for data collection, and 2. Download OSCAR, a free data analysis software app.  The download link is in the name, as well as, at the top of each screen on the forum.

As a side note: Some AS10s came with an SD card and others didn't.  The SD slot/door is on the upper left side when facing the AS10.  If you don't have an SD card, you can obtain one from almost any general merchandise type of store or online.  Any brand will work, you do not need to purchase a Resmed branded version.

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for your help, my cpap already has a sd card but theres no indication of the size of it, i check my score on myair everyday but i will be downloading oscar software for sure, i really have to learn more, my cpap is also conected to the hospital so they can turn it up and down when needed but i want to be able to look after it myself and not rely on them but they have been awesome and anything i need i just have to ask, may i ask if you use a cpap machine as well,
Thanks again 
Hudson
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.