Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

All of a sudden rainout after years of use and now Condensation in Mask & Elbow only.
RE: All of a sudden rainout after years of use and now Condensation in Mask & Elbow only.
HMG7450;
I had a similar problem .. I thought My climateline had gone bad ..
Turned out to be a humidity and temperture change ..  I reduced 
the AS 11s humidity setting to 3 and bought a hose cover .. End of 
problem !! 
Good Luck ..
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: All of a sudden rainout after years of use and now Condensation in Mask & Elbow only.
I guess this leaves me with two more questions. Isn’t the Climate  Line heated tubing there for a purpose - to prevent moisture in the mask? How can I still be getting moisture in the heated tubing if that’s its purpose? Second, why isn’t the Auto setting for humidity and Auto for tube temp stopping the water in my mask? Is there something wrong with the Auto setting that it can’t detect the appropriate amount of humidity to use without doing too much then water dripping all over my nose and waking me up?
Post Reply Post Reply
If your mask has a shorty tube, that may allow the air to cool unless you can use a tube cove for it. In any case, if your room is cool, the mask and cushion may be cool enough for your exhaled breath to condense on the cushion. Raising the tube temperature may help to eliminate that.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
HMG7450;
Like anything on Auto it has a minimum and maximum parameter ..
If the conditions fall outside of them it will only adjust so far and 
hold there ..
Good Luck ..    Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the exact same issue, though I'm using a F&P SleepStyle with the Icon 2 mask.

My clinic just advised me to try running with the machine as low as possible - probably on the floor, and to keep the hose  covered under the bedding.
Will try that tonight and see if it makes a difference.

did you get anywhere with your issue?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your response.  No I did not get anywhere with my issue. My nasal mask is still filling with water and dripping off my nose all night waking me up a lot.  I can’t believe the auto function for humidity on Resmed 11 has it that wrong. If it’s auto it should find the correct humidity and adjust accordingly without dropping water in my mask. Pretty sure it’s not in tube- I think it’s just condensing in the nasal mask but not positive.  No way to tell. I have my tube temp at 78. Any lower and it doesn’t agree with my nose.  About to give up on this Cpap thing. Dripping water in my mask waking me up defeats the whole purpose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I slept with the cpap on the floor and the hose coming up under my sheets to the mask.
I did get some moisture on my nose by morning time but it was much reduced.
Will try again tonight to see how that goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Having the tube rise from the CPAP should help quite a bit. There are covers for the tube swivel and mask sold by Pad-A-Cheek that might insulate against condensation. They are listed in the Supplier List.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Surprised [CPAP] Sudden Increase in AHI amfar33 2 100 04-14-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Cleaning F20/F30 QuietAir Elbow 70sSanO 13 5,776 04-12-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Magoo905
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 268 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
Sad 7 Years of Pap Therapy and Still Utterly Fatigued. Top doctors Unhelpful kalensk 1 112 04-11-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How many years does a mask last? nnddcc 6 299 04-09-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  How to prevent rainout? Dariex 6 177 04-08-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 124 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.